Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dready head and a Fruitarian body = a perfect philosophical fit

Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

B-12 is the only real issue, but that's a case for any diet, and is too controversial to comment on with impunity.

Iron sources: Soybeans, Blackstrap Molasses, Lintels, Spinach, Quinoa, Lima Beans, Swiss Chard, etc, etc. (The list goes on for awhile.)

Fat sources: Plant oils (especially palm oil), Avacados, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Cashews, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, etc. (Lots of nuts, lol.)

Fiber: Every plant in the world is high in fiber. It's generally meat eaters that need a source of fiber.

Protein: Black beans, Kindney beans, Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, Black-eyed Peas, etc. (Lots of beans this time)

Then again, he said leafy green vegetables, so who knows? (Lol, just realized that after I made the list. Oh well, I'm keepin' it there.) Maybe the actual diet wasn't explained fully, or something.

updated by @clayton: 07/23/15 12:10:11AM
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
I totally just did something like this! I' decided to make my own pico de gallo recipe. Went and bought the ingredients (all in all cost about 12USD) and made 5 jars of the stuff! That would have cost at least 15 dollars for non-organic and 25 dollars for organic (which mine is), but mine tastes soooo much better than the store-bought stuff. Cost less than half too!

Rachel Adelle said:
I totally agree with this! I live on a very tight budget, and while it seems easier to just throw a pizza in the microwave (which I am totally guilty of doing) some of the cheapest meals I eat are from scratch. Soup is SO easy to make, just take whatever veggies are in season/on sale, or go to the local farmers market for REALLY cheap, local and organic veggies, chop them allup, throw in some beans and whatever spices you feel like. TADA Soup! Vegan friendly, always healthy, and super cheap.

soaringeagle said:

cook

throw the microwave away refuse to eat anything out of a microwave...or a package.. buy fresh veggies and fruites not prepackaged anything i know it seems cheap and easy to throw a microwave pizza in and have it in 30 seconds but ya wont even recognise that as food after cooking one from scratch (i mean dont even get opre-made sauces or doe if u cook from raw ingredients its actualy cheaper but what is expensive is organic pre made health foods so just make your own sure organic potatoes cost more then inorganic but arent inorganic fresh potatoes better then pre packaged gries with tons of preservatives and whatnot added shop at the local farms and fruit stands instead of larghe supermarkets with high overheads and dozens of employees jacking up the prices

Rae
@rae
13 years ago
74 posts
Ooo That sounds really tasty!! And since I grew up in South Texas I know you can put Pico on basically anything.

Clayton said:
I totally just did something like this! I' decided to make my own pico de gallo recipe. Went and bought the ingredients (all in all cost about 12USD) and made 5 jars of the stuff! That would have cost at least 15 dollars for non-organic and 25 dollars for organic (which mine is), but mine tastes soooo much better than the store-bought stuff. Cost less than half too!

Rachel Adelle said:
I totally agree with this! I live on a very tight budget, and while it seems easier to just throw a pizza in the microwave (which I am totally guilty of doing) some of the cheapest meals I eat are from scratch. Soup is SO easy to make, just take whatever veggies are in season/on sale, or go to the local farmers market for REALLY cheap, local and organic veggies, chop them allup, throw in some beans and whatever spices you feel like. TADA Soup! Vegan friendly, always healthy, and super cheap.

soaringeagle said:

cook

throw the microwave away refuse to eat anything out of a microwave...or a package.. buy fresh veggies and fruites not prepackaged anything i know it seems cheap and easy to throw a microwave pizza in and have it in 30 seconds but ya wont even recognise that as food after cooking one from scratch (i mean dont even get opre-made sauces or doe if u cook from raw ingredients its actualy cheaper but what is expensive is organic pre made health foods so just make your own sure organic potatoes cost more then inorganic but arent inorganic fresh potatoes better then pre packaged gries with tons of preservatives and whatnot added shop at the local farms and fruit stands instead of larghe supermarkets with high overheads and dozens of employees jacking up the prices

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
dude, that's a vegan diet. That's what I and the majority of my family are eating right now (well, not all of it, obviously). Doesn't sound fruitarian to me. I'm really just curious. I look at fruit as a treat. It's like candy to me. I can't imagine building a diet around candy lol
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
I'm very interested in buying a copy of Josh's book but I can't quite catch the name of the site he mentions, could you help me please? Thank you for sharing.
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

Fruitarians are the Future

Downloadable E-copy on the website. $15.99, I am presuming that is US dollars.

xx

Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

Sorry that was Matts book. Josh's website is radbod.org or direct link to the book is http://sunsuccesscoaching.com/synergy-success-21-day-transformation...

xx

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

See thats what im saying. Fruit is great and i understand the health benefits, but eating ten mangoes 4 apples bannanas in a day just to meet caloric nutrion requirements seems..odd. Plus fruit contains lots of sugars, natural though they may be.
Lu A said:
dude, that's a vegan diet. That's what I and the majority of my family are eating right now (well, not all of it, obviously). Doesn't sound fruitarian to me. I'm really just curious. I look at fruit as a treat. It's like candy to me. I can't imagine building a diet around candy lol
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
yeah, i'm kinda with Thunder on this one my grandmother has diabetes and I'm trying to find stuff for us (i'm borderline and fighting w/ weight issues since my last child) and everything we are told by dieticians and what not tell us to stay away from fruit due to the sugar...sooo I'm confused.
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

Well, if you're fighting diabetes and trying to control weight, obviously you'd want to stay away from sugar. As for getting fat on fruit... well, that's not gonna happen. You could eat fifteen avocados a day and not gain a pound. You may even lose weight, depending on your current diet. (Also, concerning you and your mother Shanxon, ask your physician/doctor if apple cider vinegar would conflict with any medications you are currently on, or if it would worsen your condition in any way. If not, you may want to take it internally as directed by the bottle: it has been shown to regulate insulin production and the sugar content of blood. Many have even reported weight loss if taken after each meal. Not to say it tastes good though *cringe*.)

For those interested, I've done a bit of research on the fruititarian diet, and found these two pages a good kick-start for further research: http://www.transbay.net/~teb/fruitarian/fruitarian-1.html , and of course, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism

*Note: when reading wikipedia, keep in mind how biased the site is against all forms of natural medicine or spirituality. The same bias could be reflected on the page above. The transbay link, however, seems fairly unbiased.

**Second Note: the pages above are surface-level only, so I would suggest deeper research if the subject interests you.

***Third note! Moderation is key in any diet. I am in no way suggesting that anyone should eat that many avocados in a day. Not even in a week. The same goes for sugar (yes, even fructose from fruit). Overloading the body isn't a great idea, so keep the diet varied.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form