Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

I Caved.....

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
7 years ago
72 posts
So, on 27th March, I decided to loose the brush and grow dreads... I stopped brushing and using conditioner. I put a wool sweater on my pillow (kinda itchy) and washed my hair with BS, I also did some sea salt water spray. After two days, it looked like it was starting to section... I was up in the air about whether or not to keep my fringe (was going to keep it), so I ran a fine tooth comb through my it and tucked it out of the way of the parts that were dreading. Even after two days, and all the neglect and whatnot that I was doing to help it get knotty... (Driving with the window down in the car, going out in the windy spring weather.... etc) it was smooth and silky! I was so discouraged, so I TNR'd it... it held really well so I decided that last night I'd do the rest of my head. My friend volunteered to help, we worked for an hour and a half and I now have half a head of baby Tarantula leg dreads. hehe (Their SOOOO cute!) We are going to finish today. After their done, however, I am going to leave them alone (unless some unravel).
updated by @kai-rayne: 02/14/15 03:31:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,404 posts

wait..'after all the neglect"? 2 days? you actualy saw progress in 2 days ..yet that wasnt fast enough?

you realize most dont see sectioning for 2 weeks?

and dreads for 2 months?

and you caved after a weekend?

(not bitchin at ya hagha just find it funny how some ppl think 2 days is an excruciating long time haha)

well congrats tho

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
7 years ago
72 posts
I know most people don't see anything for 2 weeks... But I even said in the beginning that I didn't have patience to "grow" them. So I just jump started the knotting process. After two and a half days you'd think that my hair would be at least a little tangled, but it wasn't. I don't want to wait a year before I have a style that I've wanted for 15 years. So now I will just let them be, at least now I have a semblance of what they will become instead of just looking unkempt for god knows how long. lol I really do appreciate all the info on this site and the help I have received since joining. This site DID save my dreads... I was going to do the salon/wax thing. Glad I didn't! :)

soaringeagle said:

wait..'after all the neglect"? 2 days? you actualy saw progress in 2 days ..yet that wasnt fast enough?

you realize most dont see sectioning for 2 weeks?

and dreads for 2 months?

and you caved after a weekend?

(not bitchin at ya hagha just find it funny how some ppl think 2 days is an excruciating long time haha)

well congrats tho

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,404 posts

glad u didnt too but 2 and 1/2 days it would be amazing to get 1 tangkle u couldnt even notice

ya wouldnt have had to wait a year most likely..in most cases a couple months woulda done it.

in all my life ive only seen a very very small number have tangles in 2 days

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
7 years ago
72 posts
Even just small tangles? My kids get tangles in less than 12 hours of no brushing. lol My hair was like I had just conditioned it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,404 posts

and yas think it would stay that way for weeks/

some oppl tangle fast others not so but 2 days is like a rediculousely short time to expect to see anything (except the sun rissing and setting, but then again the earths spinning at a thousand miles an hour)

its all perspective.. if your a fruite fly 2 days is 2 generations you..andd your parents lived an entire lifetime in those 2 days

if your a tree 20 years is like nothing

but idf your hair

2 days without combing ..is what..forgetting to comb 1 time?

a drunk weekend where u woke uop hungover and didnt wanns be bothered

if u made it to 2 weeks u woulda seen something at least

you know you can go 2 months without eatting and be fine?

you can go 3 days without drinking a sip

u can go 10 days without sleep and be fine

if u can do allthst id think it wouldnt be too hard to go 2 weeks without combing haha

(i have a famouse great uncle who actualy went 78 days without eatting)

patience isnt something u are born with its something u excersize..u gain it by making yourself have it

if every fibre of your being wants a pizza but you force yourself to not eat for 2 weeks then treat yourself ..you gain patience

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
7 years ago
72 posts
I can appreciate that insight. I guess I'll learn patience as my dreads mature then. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,404 posts
yea u do learn 1 way or another :)

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts

i wonder why people think it takes patience to leave your hair alone? I am a pretty patient person but I would never have the patience to spend 12 or more hours backcombing my hair. I guess it's about waiting to see results? I dunno...

edit> BTW not directed at the OP or anyone in particular just something I've been wondering about lol!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,404 posts

haha i wonder that too ppl act like the hardestthing in the world is to do nothing at all

waitting never mattered to me since i never need to know what day or month it is so times really meanningless

waiting and living were just the same thing..i didnt have to wait as long as i was alive i was dreading ..moving forward omthe right path..pure and simople

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form