Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning hair differently before BC

MUSS
@muss
8 years ago
10 posts
i will be dreading my hair here in the near future.... I have chosen the BC method/ no wax and just let them naturalize......( thanks to everyone that has helped me come to this conclusion) im going to section em out randomly but try and stay close to a brick pattern to avoid any huge gaps in my hair.... i was wondering if any one knew if instead of sectioning my hair in squares i would try sectioning a few of em out in a triangle shape and BC them like that how would they look? or a rectangle shape would that change the shape of the dread? and i want a few congos so....... how big is too big? THANXBLESSINGS
updated by @muss: 01/13/15 08:49:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
28,431 posts
triangles would blend better then squatessection shapes dont matter at all to dread shapesall mine are totaly iregular teardrops lines round crescent u name itu cant go wrong with shapes as long as they dont have hairs from 1 going into anotherbut even if u did eventualy seperating would sort em outcongoswellif u wanna congo id keep most average 1/2 an inch so the congos arent much over an inchonce u go past an inch they get harder to care for and dryi know u see massive congos but im betting those dont get wet except monthly or lessso id plan on congos not getting much over an inch..if u can help it that is

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
8 years ago
56 posts
before i backcombed i stopped combing for about a week or so and instead of sectioning i just went with the way it felt it wanted to go as much as possible, i think it turned out pretty well as i have a few bigger ones, smaller ones, i think it turned out nicely and was far less tedious and annoying than trying to section a certain size and keeping it all even and all that mess
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
8 years ago
390 posts
My sections are shaped irregularly like SoaringEagle's.Your dreadlocks will congo by themselves if you simply don't pull them away from each other.
Lex
@lex
8 years ago
212 posts
my sections now are quite different then the rectangles I had after micro braiding. No matter how you section your hair it will end up how it feels most comfortable. Davey seems to have a good idea, letting the hair section itself before backcombing.
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form