Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mildew worries, how concerned should i be about dread-rot? and what do you think of Dr. Bronners?

Juice
@juice
13 years ago
8 posts
So do beads and other accessories make your dreads smell?

soaringeagle said:

jonny is just trying to create a monopoly on dreasds everything will destroy your dreads but his shit wich actualy does destroy your drewdsa

for 12 years i used any old shampoo then i switched to bronners and finaly to baking ssoda

baking soda cleaned the best and solved my severe scalp issues so i stuck with it

i only had musty dreads from too huge of beads or putting on a tam when they were wet

it is so fucked up that jonna dares warmn against light easy to remove residues while telling u to use a heavy impossible to remove one

if u read that site for tips make sure the tips are for what not to dio..do not trust 1 single thing from that site..it is all wring..all..not 1 good peice of uindo at all

updated by @juice: 07/22/15 11:57:47AM
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
I don't see any hippie speak. They have like things about shakespeare, and the family, who Dr.Bonner was, and then they occisionaly have like some wise words about some crap here and there. I haven't read the whole bottle yet lmao.

Lex said:
that bottle is the reason I don't use dr. bronners. too much hippie-speak freaks me out
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

lol

I think that means you guys are hippies ;)

all I wanted to know when I picked up the bottle were how much to dilute it and what the 18 uses were. I couldn't figure either of them out, and thought the rest of the text was distracting at best.

to each their own :)

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts

Yeah...I still don't get what the 18 to 1 means and all that crap.

If anyone wants to help with that....THANKS!

No such thing as a Hippie these days.

I just love Earth :D

Lex said:

lol

all I wanted to know when I picked up the bottle were how much to dilute it and what the 18 uses were. I couldn't figure either of them out, and thought the rest of the text was distracting at best.

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Yea I feel the term "hippie" has negative connotations, it's just a stereotype I'm sure everyone has some "hippie" in them, Unless you're told everything to believe I guess (like religious people) and obviously if you have dreads you're a bit of a free thinker

Lex said:

lol

Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
I suppose i just meant it in the way that my friends who refer to themselves as "the hippies" mean it.... ? I really wasn't trying to be serious guys......
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
the 18-1 means dilute it 18 pts water to 1 pt bronners or thereabouts. Basically just dilute the hell out of it. There's also 18 uses-mouthwash, toothpaste,massage, shampoo, body wash, sore muscle soak etc...etc..the stuff is awesome who cares what the bottle says??

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

Lex said:

lol

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts

What do you mean 1 pt bronners? I can't remember what SI unit that is.

All I know is I pour like a little bit on the bottom of a bowl and fill it to the top with water. The bowl is pretty big so yeah......

NaturalWomyn said:

the 18-1 means dilute it 18 pts water to 1 pt bronners or thereabouts. Basically just dilute the hell out of it. There's also 18 uses-mouthwash, toothpaste,massage, shampoo, body wash, sore muscle soak etc...etc..the stuff is awesome who cares what the bottle says??

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

Lex said:

lol

Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
It means use twelve times as much water as soap, It's a proportionate term. =)also I've used the Dr bronner for about a year and a half exclusively for almost a year and a half with no problems, just make sure you wash it all out (it will come out easily) and It's the only soap that has reliably taken care of all scalp issues I've had (itching, dandruff)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I saw some natural dread videos and they people were like "Just squirt some soap on your dreads and ta duh!" nothing about diluting. O__O

bobbi blaine said:

the bottle actually says 18 in 1... meaning there are 18 ways to use it and i don't think it even says anything about diluting on the bottle.

and lex- i get what you were saying : )

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form