Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mildew worries, how concerned should i be about dread-rot? and what do you think of Dr. Bronners?

Luke Decker
@luke-decker
13 years ago
15 posts
Ok so when i started dreads for the very first time i bought dreadheadhq shampoo, i had to cut my dreads cuz of school, but kept the dreads and put them on a tam to make it look realistic and then used them as extensions when i got them again ... I've said this before, but just recapping, anyway I still had the dreadheadhq shampoo, and i liked it and although i had the dreads for about a year, i still had plenty in there so I've been washing my hair more frequently cuz i wanted to buy some new stuff and since I'm disgusted that DHhq's wax was still in my dreads I decided to buy Dr. Bronners. Unfortunately I still looked at that dreadheadhq.com from time to time for hints (lame- i should stop) and KJC says that all other shampoo's except his leave residue and that can cause mildew, including organic castile soaps. I know its lies that he says wax is good and all, but the things he says about shampoo make sense, cuz you don't really want residues in your hair. I used Dr. Bronners today and i don't feel any residue, except they smell nice, I'm pretty sure that he's full of crap and I'm sure you guys will agree, I just want to hear it from someone who has had dreads for years, say it. I don't want to have mildew ever show up in my hair. My hair takes awhile to dry, even when i blowdry, it still takes a while to get completely dry, no problems yet, I'm just a little concerned. I put just enough Dr. Bronners soap to layer the bottom of a plastic empty ketchup bottle and then put water in the rest and wow!!! it still felt like too much cuz it felt really tingly on the scalp.
updated by @luke-decker: 02/14/15 08:07:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

jonny is just trying to create a monopoly on dreasds everything will destroy your dreads but his shit wich actualy does destroy your drewdsa

for 12 years i used any old shampoo then i switched to bronners and finaly to baking ssoda

baking soda cleaned the best and solved my severe scalp issues so i stuck with it

i only had musty dreads from too huge of beads or putting on a tam when they were wet

it is so fucked up that jonna dares warmn against light easy to remove residues while telling u to use a heavy impossible to remove one

if u read that site for tips make sure the tips are for what not to dio..do not trust 1 single thing from that site..it is all wring..all..not 1 good peice of uindo at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
13 years ago
15 posts
Thank you so much guys! I know you guy say it all over the site, i just wanted to hear it personally i guess. I know baking soda is cheaper and i used a few times and probably still will, its just i wanted to try Dr. Bronners out and I really like it! i just layered the bottom of ketchup bottle and the rest was water like I said, that stuff is amazing!! Yeah i don't even know why i was so worried.

soaringeagle said:

jonny is just trying to create a monopoly on dreasds everything will destroy your dreads but his shit wich actualy does destroy your drewdsa

for 12 years i used any old shampoo then i switched to bronners and finaly to baking ssoda

baking soda cleaned the best and solved my severe scalp issues so i stuck with it

i only had musty dreads from too huge of beads or putting on a tam when they were wet

it is so fucked up that jonna dares warmn against light easy to remove residues while telling u to use a heavy impossible to remove one

if u read that site for tips make sure the tips are for what not to dio..do not trust 1 single thing from that site..it is all wring..all..not 1 good peice of uindo at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners is awesome unless u have hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
13 years ago
15 posts

I thought i had harder water than the place where i used to live, but it must not be bad, cuz i seen a discussion about Dr. Bronners leaving dreads sticky in hard water and they are not sticky except for a little area where i put some beads, but it is not bad, not really bad at all. soaringeagle said:

bronners is awesome unless u have hard water

meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts
I have the lavender Dco Brons at home. Is there any way I can tell if my water is hard or not? I never understood what hard or soft water was.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts

I never added water to my Dr.Bonners O__O I just squirt some into my hand and lather on my hair. I have the 18:1 Dr. Bonners peppermint.

Are you suppose to put it in water....I never understood that lol

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
you're supposed to dilute it. I think it even says it on the bottle among the 192879823784623652 other words on there! lol!
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
that bottle is the reason I don't use dr. bronners. too much hippie-speak freaks me out
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Hmm, I don't see anything about "hippie speak" that would be objectionable, to each his own I guess

Lex said:
that bottle is the reason I don't use dr. bronners. too much hippie-speak freaks me out
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form