Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread products review, knottyboy & dreadheadhq

andy macleod
@andy-macleod
14 years ago
15 posts
haha salt water and piss, sounds like i should visit my local swimming pool haha thanks man well done with the research :) this is a convincing argument against the companies for sure :)
updated by @andy-macleod: 07/23/15 02:25:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
injteresting but no i never even noticed those siyts till i started having to clean up lots of waxy messes then did lil looking ariounfd to try tio find out why Knottysleeves said:
Knottyboy is a lot gentler in their approach. I've kept an eye on their website since the late 90s, when I bought their wax to start my first set (I had zero dread knowledge back then). They've never been anywhere near as aggressive or insulting as DHHQ with regards to not using products or explaining how wax really works. For that reason alone, if someone really wanted to go the wax route, I would much rather see their money going to KB than DHHQ. At least KB doesn't insult folks with " What special kind of crazy would cause a person to say wax is bad for dreads ?" (direct quote from the DHHQ site) and only mention no-product dreads when demeaning them, as in " if someone is obsessed with neglecting their hair, then they should go for it ".

BTW, do any other web old-timers (SE?) remember the flame war between KB and DHHQ? It was around 1998 or 99 I think, when JonnyClean launched the DHHQ site. The main page said he had "scoured the internet to bring you the best dread information" or something like that -- meaning he had very limited dread experience himself and was basically spouting back all the research he'd done. A lot of his original FAQ was the same as KB's, so Knottyboy publicly accused him of stealing their content and instructions, and JonnyClean posted a lengthy rebuttal and there was lots of trash-talking. I remember it being quite entertaining. I'll see if I can find any of it via the wayback machine.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form