Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Root Separating

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
5 years ago
12 posts

I have currently stopped crocheting and root rubbing.I am just washing and separating. I have a question about separating dreads. Should I separate the dreads right down to the scalp or should I just separate the body of the dreads and leave the roots slightly connected?

Cheers

Dreadykat

updated by @dreadykat: 01/13/15 09:49:45PM
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
5 years ago
100 posts
U should go down to tge root, if u leave that connected, those two dreads will just re-congo. U wanna do this after a wash though, dry separating hurts like a bitch!!!! Lol, youll notice that after a while, they wont congo as much. Good luck n blessings Kat.
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
5 years ago
92 posts
^ What Supa said! I pull mine apart after I wash them. Just pull until you can't bear to pull any further. Eventually you will notice a network of hairs connecting the roots, this is normal, healthy, and necessary for natural locks. Personally, I like the way it looks too because there's no scalp showing.All my best!
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
5 years ago
92 posts
Baba posted a great video tutorial on how to separate dreads. It helped me a LOT!
DreadyKat
@dreadykat
5 years ago
12 posts

Thanks for your reply and the links to the tutorial guys! I'll give your suggestions a try next time after I wash my hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

seperate whats connecting dread to dread u woint be able to get it to the scalp

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus