Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Root Separating

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

I have currently stopped crocheting and root rubbing.I am just washing and separating. I have a question about separating dreads. Should I separate the dreads right down to the scalp or should I just separate the body of the dreads and leave the roots slightly connected?

Cheers

Dreadykat

updated by @dreadykat: 01/13/15 09:49:45PM
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
11 years ago
100 posts
U should go down to tge root, if u leave that connected, those two dreads will just re-congo. U wanna do this after a wash though, dry separating hurts like a bitch!!!! Lol, youll notice that after a while, they wont congo as much. Good luck n blessings Kat.
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
^ What Supa said! I pull mine apart after I wash them. Just pull until you can't bear to pull any further. Eventually you will notice a network of hairs connecting the roots, this is normal, healthy, and necessary for natural locks. Personally, I like the way it looks too because there's no scalp showing.All my best!
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
Baba posted a great video tutorial on how to separate dreads. It helped me a LOT!
DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

Thanks for your reply and the links to the tutorial guys! I'll give your suggestions a try next time after I wash my hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate whats connecting dread to dread u woint be able to get it to the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form