Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ahh There's So Much Frizz

Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

Okay so a couple months ago I finally embraced the natural way after several months of being brainwashed by the "other dread guys" yea we all know who I'm talking about. Anyway, so after starting washing with the baking soda recipe which I just follow from recipes on here, I've noticed my dreads are super frizzy and messy, and yes I know that's the natural way. But it seems I can't really find a way to maintain them at all. When I go to bed at night its like they have secret meetings to create as much frizz and loose hair as possible and since I've given up the crochet needle I don't know what to do. I'm perturbed and upset by the entire situation, wondering constantly if my dreads will ever defrizz themselves or if I should be doing something different...any insight would help. Thanks.

updated by @mego: 01/13/15 09:43:59PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
There will always be some degree of frizz. You're super extra frizzy right now because all this broken hairs from crocheting are working their way out. The very best thing you can do is not try to control it. It's what your dreads have to do In order to recover. After several months all this frizzy bits will tangle up and calm down. For right now, embrace the frizz! If anyone says anything, tell them it's your hair recouperating from the destruction of a crochet hook. Use the frizz as a lesson to others.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your in crochret recovery unfortunately crochet causes a ton of broken haor so u have 10 times as much frizz as natural dreads its just showing you ther extreme level of damage that was done

wait it out

use aloe to smooth them with will loosen the crochetted tighteness and when u start to see looping etc stop aloe switch to sea saly and they will start to dread roight

how long did u crochet the recovery msay be long and the frizz maybe crazy

the more u crochetted the worse it will be but it will get better eventually

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

it'll take some time. But that frizziness will go away for the most part. Locks are always a little frizzy, no matter how mature they are. But like it was said before, the crocheting made them more frizzy because of the number of hairs broken.

As time moves on, you will be able to see the frizz because you are close to your locks, but anyone you talk to won't see nearly as many fuzzies as you do. Because of how close you look at your hair, physically, you see them in way more detail than anyone else ever will, except a significant other.

Your hair just needs time to recover. Take some pictures and every month or so take a new set of pics. You'll get so excited to see how they change and get cleaner every so often.

Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

I crocheted for about a month...and they've been ultra frizzy for about 2 weeks now. Thanks everyone for the advice and at SE I'm already starting to see looping and I'm loving the way they're going.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how long ago did u stop crocherting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Crochet = Broken Hairs = Frizz and Broken Dreads....Thankfully you found this site and no more hooks! Like mentioned already, we all get frizz in the first months of natural dreading, but yours is much more due to people who sucked you in for the sake of money. Hang in, embrace the changes that will form lovely, healthy locks for you. Glad you stopped crocheting, it causes dreads to break and fall off.

Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

thank you ....and SE I stopped crocheting about the beginning of december any idea how much longer they'll be this way? or is it just different for everyone?

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I basically did the same thing I rip and teared my dreads and did the hook for a bit. My hair is a big frizz mess and it has been a couple of weeks since I stopped using the hook when I found this site. They are still super frizzy but nothing a bandanna or hat wont fix. I would just embrace it, I'm learning with having dreads its making my patience a lot stronger then it has ever been before. Before dreads my patience level was at a 0.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form