Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Modifying Vicki's Shampoo?

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Hey all, I've seen that a lot of people add tea tree oil and rosemary to their bs and acv mix to help with dandruff, I was wondering a few things.

Firstly, do I use actual rosemary sprigs or the essential oil? We have a whole bucket-load of rosemary bushes around but I would need to buy the oil because I don't have any facilities to make the oil (Which I will be buying in the near future)

And secondly, the main point, can I add tea tree oil and rosemary, either the sprigs or oil, into Vicki's liquid shampoos? I really love her shampoos and as much as I enjoy the BS wash, it won't compare to how amazing her shampoos are and I'd love to continue using those if I can.

Peace, love and thanks to all :)

Jayke

updated by @jayke-watson: 01/13/15 09:53:42PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I don't think we can improve "Vicki, the master soap makers" shampoos. They already have rosemary in them, and if they needed tea tree oil, it would be in there. It may well be in there, check the ingredients, or email her. I have alot of faith in these products, they are most likely the best in the world for dreads.

peace

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

The only issue I have is that because my dreads are still babies I think I'd have trouble using the bar and I noticed they already have rosemary but I'm still getting a bit of dandruff so I thought this might help but I haven't tried the cold water rinse after each shower yet, which I've heard helps a lot.

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
When adding oils to BS/acv, should it go with the BS or with the Vinegar? I would think to add it to the acv rinse but not sure.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

How long have you been using her shampoo? Your scalp might just take a little longer to settle down.
peace

Jayke Watson said:

The only issue I have is that because my dreads are still babies I think I'd have trouble using the bar and I noticed they already have rosemary but I'm still getting a bit of dandruff so I thought this might help but I haven't tried the cold water rinse after each shower yet, which I've heard helps a lot.

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

I was using the BS/ACV for about a month before Vicki's Liquid Patchouli shampoo and I've been using that one for about 2 months. I do have my shower quite hot though, which I've heard can cause dandruff among other issues.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

The bars are awesome for the scalp. Yes, they are not the best for baby dreads, but they wont undo your dreads. What I noticed when I used the bars early on in the journey, is, I did get some more free hair, but when long enough, it dreads anyway. If you have ongoing scalp issues, I personally, would use the bars, and I did, with perfect results. Last time I grew dreads, for ten years, I had dandruff, I didn't know what I know now. I wish I had Vicki's shampoo then. Perhaps ask Vicki what would be the least conditioning of the bars, tell her your issues and she will recommend, she knows alot about oils and she truly is a master in her field.

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a new teatree rosemary liquid coming out if its not out already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form