Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to site and new to lawwwks

Black Ralph, Has No Name
@black-ralph-has-no-name
11 years ago
8 posts

Hello everyone! You can call me Ralph. I'm new to the website and semi-new to locks, new to the right way of doing locks is what I should say. I had a friend who was locking his hair up with wax and at the time I had a massive afro thing going on...one thing led to another and I had greezy wax locks that eventually grew mold after a few years. I've learned my lesson, took my lumps and I'm back to start thejourneyover again.

Until about a month ago I didn't even know I wanted to go through the process of locking up my hair again. I was growing my hair out, not combing it, wearing hats all the time and because of the nature of my hair the back started locking up. Little itty bitty locks the size of pins started forming, I enjoyed that my hair was doing this. Thats when I knew I wanted locks. My plan was to just let my hair grow as it wanted and not pay any mind to it or anything of the sorts....and then yesterday happened. Because my hair is so wild I began to look like buckwheat. I grew tired of my buckwheat like hair and I thought that if I pushed my hair in the right direction I might get things moving a little faster. I mean anarchitect can't just start constructing a building, he needs blueprints and a foundation to form his masterpiece. So what I did was the ol' rip tear on a few sections of hair that I created, that and twisted or lumpcertainparts together. I believe it was a success. I'm just going to sit back now and see what it does, possibly do some maintenance here and there.

Any advice, tips. or knowledgethat could be passed down to a novice is much appreciated. Anything would help :) Thank you all for your time :)

Love- Ralph <3

Picture #1 (White doctors coat): Taken on 4/4/13. That was after I did my rip tear/twisting (sideshow bob style!)

Picture #2 (Plaid shirt): Taken on 4/5/13. The next morning after the twisting and the ripping. Obviously it got flattened and messy and what not, I expect that so I'm not worried or anything. I understand that my hair will go through many changes.

updated by @black-ralph-has-no-name: 01/13/15 09:50:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i think both pictures would have turned out great

but only maintenence u should do is wash and seperate

and sprinkle holy water on anyone who tries attacking u with wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karma2
@karma2
11 years ago
5 posts
Don't know why I can't see your pictures :( And lmao about the holy water!! Lol
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Lmao, nice one SE. SE is right about what he said :D.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form