Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural methods to help hair start dreading?

Th☮r Carlt☮n
@thr-carltn
11 years ago
5 posts

I started about a week or two ago and already have about 5 or 6 little baby dreads forming. One is starting out great and the others are doing alright. The rest of my head is a curly mess, so I was wondering if there was any natural ways to help the dreads form? I don't want to backcomb or twist and rip and I don't want to use any products. Thanks!

updated by @thr-carltn: 01/13/15 09:48:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u started a week or 2 ago and have dreads formo=ing

so odviosly the answer is

give it another week or 2

and another

and another

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Are you saying that you don't want to use any store-bought products, or you don't want to use ANY products whatsoever? Ever considered sea salt spray? It's pretty easy to make your own...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

The most natural way to dread is time. We all have time. When you sleep you have time. When you are hanging out, you have time. When you are with your buddies, you have time. When you sit on the toilet, you have time. So see, you are dreading and using only time.

Two weeks is nothing. You have only been dreading for 336 hours, that's not much time, ya need more.

Francisco Gonzalez
@francisco-gonzalez
11 years ago
4 posts
Patience, baking soda washes and sea salt soaks
Th☮r Carlt☮n
@thr-carltn
11 years ago
5 posts

My main worry is that they've been forming, but I'll get my hair wet and not even wash it and they come loose. I've lost all but one. They'll reform and then drastically loosen when it gets wet. I just started trying sea salt spray today.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
That's how knots start and dreads form, by coming lose, reforming, then coming lose a bunch of times. No worries just be patient! Most people don't have any signs of dreading in just two weeks. Washing will help knots form, even if it seems to hinder progress
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form