Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Today is the last day I brush my hair!!

michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts

I decided to go the natural method! Im going to need patience but I know I can do it . Im super excited for my journey! Today I will wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo and comb it one last time.. And tomorrow will be day 1 of my journey :)

I was just wondering one thing, i have pink in my hair and was just wondering if i can still touch it up? The dye is just a stain, it doesnt get mixed with any develper.. I think it should be fine as long as i am gentle and dont ruin the knots that start to form.

updated by @michell-loera-clifford: 01/13/15 09:44:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i think u can but im no expert on dying

if u use the clarifying as a "prep" to remove buildup and strip it to natural to get dready for dreading thats not a bad idea just dont continue to use it in place of a dred shampoo get a god dread friendly shampoo pr use the baking soda instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i said get dready for dreading haha meant ready

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Cute!

soaring eagle said:

haha i said get dready for dreading haha meant ready

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

I am definitely not an expert but I can tell you that I dye my red and the BS wash, washes the color right back out in a matter of days...another thing I gave up on. Haha I have been dying my hair for so long I am actually excited to see what color it is underneath all the dye!!! I wish you well on your journey...Happy dreading!

michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts
Crap..i was thinking of using the dreadshampoo lockin up liquid shampoo.. basically if its sulfate free it shouldnt fade it too bad.i know the lavendar or tea tree will fade it...hmmm ..what kind of brand did u use for your red color? I use special effects color and its waaay better than the manic panic or stuff from sallys.. i need to ask that lady panterra what she would recommend.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
The dread shampoo should work fine. There is something about baking soda that strips color. There's no baking soda in the dls stuff... So there ya go!
michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts
Thanx, i used to have turquoise hair before and another hairstylist told me to use the baking soda to help fade it out since i wanted to take it out
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

I wish I could remember the name of the kind I used last. but I did buy it from sallys...I hear that the natural henna dye leaves beautiful shades of reds.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form