Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Completely Organic?

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts
Hi all. I'm new to this site.I'm considering letting my hair dread. The method that is most appealing to me is the Organic or "Bob Marley" method. That's the method where you don't comb, wax, separate. Nothin' 'cept washing!This way you get a bunch of different sized and shaped dreadlocks, all of which follow their own path.My worries are: I've heard that these ones can hurt and tear at your roots causing traction alopacia/baldness. I don't want to be bald! I'm not really concerned with whether or not it looks "good", but I don't want to harm my hair or myself if I choose to o this way. Thanks to anyone who replies!(My hair is caucasian but I have Mexican Ancestry and so when I don't comb it is thick and wavy-ish. No pics at the moment sorry.)
updated by @nolan-plank: 02/14/15 04:56:58AM
emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
11 years ago
32 posts

its actually the oppisite , if you go natural you will end up with a really thick head of hair , as oppossed to a loctition were they break thousands of hairs and tighten the crap out of your headeach visit your dreads get thinner and weak untill you are bald .. i do recommend 2 things though wash with non residue shampoo and seperate your dreads unless you want one big dread ..

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Thy wont separate themselves? (obviously they'll be larger then if I separated them all) But I didn't think that they would all form one dread! haha.

If I didn't separate, you think they could cause damage? Or is that more of just for a style thing.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Haha, weird.. I've never heard it called "Bob Marley" as if he was the only one with dreads. How moronic
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
If you don't separate you would get one massive dread eventually. See the pics above (thank you, Bobbi!). They are very hard to care for and become extremely heavy. It would be healthier for you and your hair to separate.
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

My friend Drew has some beautiful locks, when I started mine 3 months ago, I asked for his advice. His advice was as follows...."You gotta keep em seperated" lol..... Good luck to you on your upcoming dreading adventure!!!

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Well it does sound kinda stupid but I didn't make it up haha. I've heard it called that because he helped popularize them or something. But yeah so I'm not the "Moronic" one here thank you. Just thought I'd use a term that I've seen before to help visualize what other people may be thinking.

Thanks for the advice!

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I said CALLING the neglect method the "Bob Marley" is moronic. No one was using him as an example
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
No worries Nolan, I wasn't calling you moronic :p just the term. It's quite silly. My opinion.
Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Alright.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form