Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Member intro and questions

Craig Marsden
@craig-marsden
12 years ago
6 posts
As you can see in my profile I am a former marine turned rocker/welder. I started getting my dreads about a month ago, not knowing much I trusted a friend and went to a lady he knew that runs a salon, so she tells me I have to back comb and wax. "Ok why not?" I said. This was bad come to find out. I've seen her twice now and my hair looks fine but its not looking up and she told me that I can't wash it until it does. Well I have very bad dandruff now and it's itches so bad it hurts. Please help, I've read through this website many times but I don't know what to do. There are so many different things!! To tell you about my hair it's very thick and very curly also frizzy and coarse. What are my options? Is it to late to fix what the back combing did? Can I was it without losing what I already have? Please help.
updated by @craig-marsden: 01/13/15 09:40:24PM
Craig Marsden
@craig-marsden
12 years ago
6 posts
Wash* not wasLocking* not lookingSorry about that. Just concerned for my dreads :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

demand a refund tell her wax never should be used and the only thing nesacary is to wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash your dreads remove all traces odf wax

ad wash wash wash

i would seriusly demand a refund and tell her that she shouldnt do dreads oif she doesnt know how to do dreads right that they need to be washed and need to be wax free

they will never lock up with wax in them

--
Craig Marsden
@craig-marsden
12 years ago
6 posts
Oh wow, thank you eagle!! Very much. I will, I feel taken advantage of. So is there any possibility of saving my dreads? Or do I need to start over?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sorry had to run out yea they are saveable are they under a month if so u maybe better off startin over if over a month use the wax removal info here

the wax be gones pretty effective but u should still do a bunch more treatments after your convinced its all gone

--
Craig Marsden
@craig-marsden
12 years ago
6 posts
Well they are under a month. I already took your advice and completely washed out my hair. I have decided to take all of the advice from this site and go all natural/neglect. I did a complete baking soda deep cleanse and oh my god my head/hair feels so amazing! Thank you. Today marks day one of my natural dreads. I'm so excited to watch them grow and mature. Again thank you! You are my dreadful savior! So let me get this right, step one lose the comb, step two let my hair and nature do the work, step three baking soda cleanse with cold water every other day or so. Let me get this right as well, sleep freely? Nothing on my head at all?
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Sleep freely, nothing on your head at all! You do not need to wear a hat while awake or asleep. Be Free.

Take S.E.'s advice and remove the wax a few times. It never comes out right away. Almost all locticians/ and salons will use wax so that the customer has an instant dread look. What they do not tell you is that it is not a dread at all, but a length of hair with wax holding it together. That length of hair will never move freely and form a mature lock. It will also hold in water drops and filth and smell, causing the dread to mold. Pillows will also be stained, especially on a hot day. On a really hot day, dreads that touch clothing will leave stains around the collars & shoulders, yuck. So my friend, be wax free, wash 2-3 times a week and have clean smelling, lightweight dreads. Enjoy your journey. Oh yes, read the dreaducation tab at the top.

Craig Marsden
@craig-marsden
12 years ago
6 posts
I will. Thank you very much. I am so happy I stumbled upon this truthful amazing website. You are all my heroes! I will be in touch. Thank you.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form