Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax in new dreads..

Natalie Montano
@natalie-montano
12 years ago
7 posts

I recently back combed my hair about 4 days ago.. i put wax in them about 3 different times. how do i get it out? are my locks doomed? also should i just let them do their own thing until they dread?

updated by @natalie-montano: 02/14/15 08:44:50AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3 times in 4 days is way way way alot so your really best off combing it out

dewaxing

and starting ovdr

you dont have to backcomb again yiu can just let it dread itself or use tnr

but wax is oure evil and so hard to remove that it can take months of trying

thats why its really better to start over if your under a month in

since your 4 days only then it will be way easier to just start over right

sorry you found us a few days too late

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natalie Montano
@natalie-montano
12 years ago
7 posts

ahhhh ok so i have no hope?? it took forever to do them and i had to do them myself.. well ok i put wax on all of them when i started them. then i rewaxed half of them one day and rewaxed another half another day.. so maybe itss like twice instead of three times

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the process of removigthe wax is likeky to remove the dreads and if u di]0nt start over it can take weeks to months to get it all out

if u start over its all out and u can just go natural or tnr tnr is easier and faster then backcomb (healythier too)

but naturals eaeven easier still just let it dread itself

byt wax really ruins them prevents any acti[ual dreading it just glues hair together and the wax hardens the dreads stiffen

and every bit of dirt gets f=trapped in them

--
Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

You know, my first set of dreads (not the ones i have) I backcombed and waxed the crap out of. I had them for 3 months, they looked like disgusting candles, and eventually I got them combed out by a hairdresser and the LINT and nastyness inside them was SHOCKING. This time I used a tiny bit of wax because I didn't realize that all wax was evil, but now I completely understand the error of my ways. Twist and Rip or just let them be!

Natalie Montano
@natalie-montano
12 years ago
7 posts
Yeah I wanna just let them be now.. hopefully the wax I did put was too harmful. I made a commitment by getting them and I intend to keep them. So ima just leave them alone aside from washing them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant u got to get the wax out they will never ever ever dread with wax in them

u either have to comb them out and start over or aggressively remove the wax wich can take a hell of alot of effort and time to get it out and never really be sure u got it all

u have to start removing it 1 way or the other right away wether u start over or not u still must remove it

the longer u leave it in the harder it wik be to get out

and using the tiniest bit just once will really mess them up for life if u dint get it a]iut

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i dont recomend backcomb at all its nit bad enough to warn ppl not to i mean yea its damaging but notto the extreme like wax or crochet

tnr is gentle enough if yiu dont go natural tnr is the way to go

--
Natalie Montano
@natalie-montano
12 years ago
7 posts

im definitely gonna opt for the vinegar rinse and check out the wax be gone.. im determined to save my dreads lol i really dont have the time to redo them

Natalie Montano
@natalie-montano
12 years ago
7 posts

and thanks guys for the advice, seriously! this site is the best i have come across when it comes to dreads

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form