Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Really wavy dreadlocks and loose hairs!

Karen Murillo
@karen-murillo
12 years ago
2 posts

Before I started my dreadlock journey, My hair has been super thick, coarse, and frizzy. Not to mention extremely wavy at the roots. So anyway I decided to get dreadlocks because i've always thought they were so beautiful and ever since I was a little girl I hated my natural hair. I figured if I got dreads I could tame my hair better. They are locking up pretty quickly but they are wavy! not all of them are wavy but just a couple. Is there any way I could make them look straighter or tighter? I used to crochet them but totally stopped since i'm afraid my dreadies will fall off if i continue to crochet. Will time straighten them out? Am I the only one with wavy dreads?

updated by @karen-murillo: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

Ahhh, avoiding the crochet hook is a good thing haha! I think dreads naturally straighten as they mature. No worries. It's all part of the experience. Mine are bumpy right now and at first I hated it but I've learned to love it because I know it'll go away. Plus, with dreads, you're already cooler than everyone who doesn't have them so work it no matter how they look. :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they should be exactly as they are

whats wrong with that? they look great despite the harm doneby crochet

for the most part time will straighten them out and u wil miss the waviness

why do u think dreads should be straight sn]=mooth and all the same?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I think wavy dreads are beautiful! Or the little bumps and other things they do make each set on each person unique! No two people's hair will dread the same way. Loose hairs help with the organic look. It's the way that others can tell they weren't manufactured in a salon. Don't let others try and convince you that your hair needs to be perfectly manicured for it to be beautiful.

Alyssa Metzger
@alyssa-metzger
12 years ago
3 posts
I like the waviness!! Every dread is unique... As it should be. Why be the same, that's a bit boring :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form