Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Apple Cider Vinegar wash

Amber 'Blob' Orpin
@amber-blob-orpin
12 years ago
7 posts

So i fianly got hold of some ACV (lovley folks in the health food shop, very helpfull) and im rather egar to start useing it. The ratio i have is 1 tablespoon ACV to about 5cups water. What i'm looking for is when to use it. should i rinse out the BS first, then do the AVC or put the ACV on top of the BS then wash it out all together?

Looking forward to locking up soon

Safe journey till next time xXx Blob

updated by @amber-blob-orpin: 01/13/15 09:34:47PM
Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

You rinse out the BS really well first and then chuck the ACV rinse in. You only leave it about 30 seconds for babies, longer as they mature. You might find you don't really need it after every wash though, only if your hair gets dried out by the BS. I haven't used my ACV yet at all! Hope this helps :D

Peace x

Amber 'Blob' Orpin
@amber-blob-orpin
12 years ago
7 posts

Grovey thanks. My hair seems to becoming oily faster then it used to so im hopeing the ACV will help balance it back out to 'normal'

Safe journey till next time xXx Blob

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you're getting oily faster, it means that your scalp is too acidic. As much as you should be using the ACV to reset your scalp to a healthy pH, you should not be using much at all, right now. Use about 1 capful of it in 1 gallon of water once a week. If you wash 2-3 times a week, DON'T use the ACV rinse in all of them. Just pick one day to use. it When your scalp stops being oily, you can start to introduce the ACV to each wash. But again, only use about 1 capful in 1 gallon of water.

Your hair and scalp will readjust and you will begin to be able to use more in time.

Amber 'Blob' Orpin
@amber-blob-orpin
12 years ago
7 posts

Thank you

Baba Fats said:

If you're getting oily faster, it means that your scalp is too acidic. As much as you should be using the ACV to reset your scalp to a healthy pH, you should not be using much at all, right now. Use about 1 capful of it in 1 gallon of water once a week. If you wash 2-3 times a week, DON'T use the ACV rinse in all of them. Just pick one day to use. it When your scalp stops being oily, you can start to introduce the ACV to each wash. But again, only use about 1 capful in 1 gallon of water.

Your hair and scalp will readjust and you will begin to be able to use more in time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form