Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weird root build up.

Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

Hi, I've had dreads for about 3 months now. I used back comb method (no wax) and some t&r on some of the ones at the base of my neck. But I've found that a lot of my dreads seem to have this weird, almost sticky texture at some of the roots. I've been using knotty boy dread shampoo at most once week since I've got them and I spend ages rinsing out the shampoo yet I still have this? Should I change to adifferent shampoo? Also some of my dreads have somestraight hair in the middle of them, will this lock by it's self or do I have to do something about it?

Kieran

(I've got some photos of them on my profile)

updated by @kieran-jordan: 02/14/15 09:47:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i recomend hboycotting knotyboy completely their shampoo is ok but not great u like in uk which has both hard and alkaline water i believe so your water makes it ezxtea hard the baking soda is hard to use there without bi]oiling

the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars dshould work

to remove buildup nutragena and suave make anti-residue or clarifying shampoos but they arent meant for constant use just to remove buildup

the straight hairs will drad up no prob

oh that buildup can be sebum too natural hair oils that thicken u=jnto a gunk

do u use hot or cool water

hot will remove oils better but u want to rinse cold as u can stand to seal shut the pores that pump out oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
I don't know how knotty boys is, but it could be leaving residue. I use the dreadlocksshampoo.com liquid non residue shampoo when I'm traveling cuz its convenient, and because I like the smell. its made 100% naturally. I do however favor the baking soda wash, its a deep cleansing and removes every residue, dirt, and everything in between out of your hair. I'd assume its the shampoo that's leaving the residue, in my humble opinion.
Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

Also I do apologise for the loose hair and stuff I've been on tour for a month and a half. Haven't had a chance to give them the time they need lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont need a thing they are fine loose hairs part of the process

what would u normaly do about the loose hairs?

--
Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

Yeah I'll check out that shampoo thanks :) and I wash with hot water. Btw what ratio of baking soda to water do you use Supa dread?

Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

And I normally do a little bit ofcrocheting (not the mosteffective on myScandinavian hair) but mostly palm rolling :P

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
They don't need you to do a thing loose hairs will take care of themselves when given time to do so. Most things to "help" them can only make matters worse later & then instead of a little loose hair you have a ton of broken damaged hair to "work" on

Kieran Jordan said:

Also I do apologise for the loose hair and stuff I've been on tour for a month and a half. Haven't had a chance to give them the time they need lol

Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

Okay :) So would you suggest to not palm roll then?

Ixchel said:

They don't need you to do a thing loose hairs will take care of themselves when given time to do so. Most things to "help" them can only make matters worse later & then instead of a little loose hair you have a ton of broken damaged hair to "work" on

Kieran Jordan said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely pak]lm rolling does nothing good at all at least nothing permenant and doing it too much weakens and thins the roots see babas video on palm ri[olling

i have never pakm rolled in my life and thats why mine have lasted so long

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form