Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weird root build up.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet is the worse its exteeme destruction very very very bad your crearing loose hairs by breaking hairs

Kieran Jordan said:

And I normally do a little bit ofcrocheting (not the mosteffective on myScandinavian hair) but mostly palm rolling :P

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 08:19:17AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
I wouldn't, baba has a video about it. It can weaken spots & break hairs for temporary results at best. If you insist on doing it be gentle & dont pull or twist atnthe roots, & palm rolling works best with products but most are no good, id only use the dreadlockshampoo lockong gel if anything. & definitely ditch the crochet, that's the worst thing you could do next to wax.All you have to really do is wash & separate & the knots & hair will take care of the rest. ( sorry I don't have input on the original topic of residue, hope just switching up shampoos will help ya)

Kieran Jordan said:

Okay :) So would you suggest to not palm roll then?

Ixchel said:

They don't need you to do a thing loose hairs will take care of themselves when given time to do so. Most things to "help" them can only make matters worse later & then instead of a little loose hair you have a ton of broken damaged hair to "work" on

Kieran Jordan said:

Also I do apologise for the loose hair and stuff I've been on tour for a month and a half. Haven't had a chance to give them the time they need lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

rinse with cold then or try cool cold

bs 1/2 cup per 5 cups water

Kieran Jordan said:

Yeah I'll check out that shampoo thanks :) and I wash with hot water. Btw what ratio of baking soda to water do you use Supa dread?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

Thanks you all so much, well I've justlearnedmore then I have for a long time XD What would you suggest for the loose hair (because I need to look at neat as possible for my job?)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
If you feel you absolutely have to do something about them (but your work shouldn't be able to force you into anything) aloe can help short term but use little because it's conditioning, use the dreadlockshampoo locking gel, or wear a tam on particularly wild days.

Kieran Jordan said:

Thanks you all so much, well I've justlearnedmore then I have for a long time XD What would you suggest for the loose hair (because I need to look at neat as possible for my job?)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

What job do you do? Are you growing you locks for their look, or for spiritual reasons? if you are growing them for spiritual purposes, you might need to check the laws in your area, but in the states, you don't have to do anything to clean them up. They are protected by the first amendment. No employer is allowed to not hire or fire you because of your locks. They can not force you to do anything to them, either.

Look into your laws. Get familiar, and stand up for yourself

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts
Thank you baba, normally I'm a link master but I'm limited lately on an iPad cuz my computer is in pieces lol

Baba Fats said:
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

http://www.humanism.org.uk/campaigns/freedom-of-belief

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/1660/contents/made

.org sites are generally pretty reliable. .gov sites are absolutely reliable sources of info. So the first one should give you a good idea of your rights, and the second was a link provided by the first site. Read through it.

Kieran Jordan
@kieran-jordan
12 years ago
9 posts

soaring eagle said:

rinse with cold then or try cool cold

bs 1/2 cup per 5 cups water

Kieran Jordan said:

Yeah I'll check out that shampoo thanks :) and I wash with hot water. Btw what ratio of baking soda to water do you use Supa dread?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form