Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3month dread update.

Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

Hello! its a little bit early my anniversary is on the 20th but i am really busy that day so i figured i do it a few days before hand!

On some dreads ive started to get some loops and zig zags yet i still feel that they're progressing rather slowly they havent shrunk at all either oddly. i have clumps of loose hair all over. i have done zero maitence and wash em once a week. Also i have allot of really skinny dreads over time will they grow fatter? if not is there a way i can encourage two to combine? its been a rough journey! im not to sure if my dreads are progressing fast or slowly for 3 months any input would be nice! :D here are some pictures!

updated by @mike-gombaski: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Eric Andrikowich
@eric-andrikowich
12 years ago
38 posts

scrub the scalp only

bryan dready bear
@bryan-dready-bear
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello mike,your hair is in the process of locking,the loops and zig zags is when your hair is starting to lock up in one spot more than the other. This is totally normal, and as they progress you will notice a slight shrinkage in time,as for your "skinny" ddreads they will get thicker, but it depends on your size of sectioning on your scalp,the amount of hair you have on your scalp connected to your dreads. This will give you an idea how thick they will be later on.also you will have dreads that will try to congo,if u like them to be thicker you can let them grow together. But remember they can get very large and taking care to dry them properly can be a task.my advice is wash , no comb and gently seperate to prevent Congo's and a lot of patience.they will dread.use non residue shampoo,keep your hair clean,good luck on your journey brother :-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3 months is nothing if your going natural and u got that much progress your doing good if u tnr and they are at that stage your doing good 3 months is when they are loosest if u tnr or backcomb

so your doing fine

they will shrink in the next couple months or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form