Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Parted hair and young dreads?

Cam
@cam
13 years ago
12 posts

Hey all, I just started my dreads about a month ago and they're coming along greater than I even imagined! The only question that I have is, as a guy who's had long hair for many many years my hair has "learned" a very very defined part down the center and the dreads seem to be forming pretty uniformly around that part. Is there any way of making my hair "unlearn" the "nice-looking" part down the center and be more prone to doing everything and anything?

updated by @cam: 01/13/15 09:10:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wait a few months the part will disapear

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

i think it is different with different people. Mine are 3 yrs old and there is still a very defined part. Maybe in a few more years mine will disappear, but i doubt it.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

had the same question and instead of making a new discussion thought i would just bump this recent one.

the only safe way of getting rid of the part that i can think of is after the locks mature, is to keep them up a lot, so that the part is not needed. its gotta work, especially if you have loose hair right in the center right? another though is that i have many super thin babies coming off the center part on both sides. maybe rubber banding or keeping them together for a time for them to form, that would "look funny" though haha

i have the same thing going on here to

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form