Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Chris Marshall
@chris-marshall
13 years ago
10 posts

So almost all of my dreads are locking just perfectly and I don't have to worry bout them. However there are 3 on my right side and 1 on my left that locked up right at the root and then the rest of the 10 inch dread is loose and wavy. It all stays in the same dread, it doesn't get frizzy and spread out, but it feels like it hasn't dreaded at all in the last 5 months. Will the knotting eventually spread down the dread or should I re- twist and rip the undreaded part of the locks considering its been almost 5 months since the last time I did it?

Thanks,

Chris

updated by @chris-marshall: 01/13/15 09:02:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

leave it maybe add a bead\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
do not re twist & rip! started methods are only meant to be used once. Have some patience and let go of the idea of "perfection" when it comes to your hair. 5 months is a pretty short amount of time in dread age (so is a year lol!) There will be many changes, good and bad hair days to come, stop over thinking it and you will have great dreads in time. Many Blessings
Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
13 years ago
20 posts

I would leave it. I have had similar issues with this. Once most of my dreads finished locking, of course I had a few strays for awhile. Eventually they started knotting at the roots or halfway down the length of hair and I just left them. Sometimes I backcombed a little and palmrolled them to give them a little start. They're all a little different and I love them.

I think the ones that just won't loc are a different texture than the ones that loc up quicker and tighter.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form