Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe Vera Gel on african type hair=fail

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

So i was a little disappointed to learn that the Aloe Vera i bought did not work on my hair as intended. The reason i used it is because at the crown of my head i have a small area of hair that has refused to dread as thoroughly as the rest of it. So i tookt he gel and tried twisted them into proper sections. Unfortunately these sections i twisted came unraveled within five minutes. I tried the gel on some of my other nicely dreaded sections however, and it did make them look much more uniform and tame the ends a bit.

So now i am looking for ideas for how to get this troublesome area to dread. Thats why i mentioned in a previous post the possibility of using a rubberband on each aloe vera twisted sections.

updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:59:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

was it pure aloe nothi8ng else?

why twist it at all? let it dread naturaly

ofcourse theres always the option of just adding a bead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
That happened to me as well and just ended up using virgin coconut oil, and that ended up holding my hair pretty good. the aloe made my hair softer and did not hold.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe has to dry as it dries it shrinks into a film that pulls everything in holding it like hairspray kinda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Virgin coconut you say huh? Interesting i would of thought trying that..

V said:
That happened to me as well and just ended up using virgin coconut oil, and that ended up holding my hair pretty good. the aloe made my hair softer and did not hold.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I think you got that right tho i prolly over did it cause i added a little more and more when i noticed it wasnt saying together. Ill try using less perhaps. Hey and like you said SE i can always just wait for it to do its thing..just kinda bothersome cause other then an area on the front hairline its the only place left that hasnt decided to dread fully. Oh well, all things in good time right.
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
If u have African texture hair you need to moisturize your hair properly with oils that can be absorbed easily, try a mixure of extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil. Everyone has a problem dread that isn't up to speed with the rest. But I hate to see you using aloe I don't think that's an adequate Moisturizer for our hair type. Just do what se said put a bead over it and leave it alone, stop obsessive over it itll be fine. It won't stay that way forever

Thundersquall said:
I think you got that right tho i prolly over did it cause i added a little more and more when i noticed it wasnt saying together. Ill try using less perhaps. Hey and like you said SE i can always just wait for it to do its thing..just kinda bothersome cause other then an area on the front hairline its the only place left that hasnt decided to dread fully. Oh well, all things in good time right.
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
If u have African texture hair you need to moisturize your hair properly with oils that can be absorbed easily, try a mixure of extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil. Everyone has a problem dread that isn't up to speed with the rest. But I hate to see you using aloe I don't think that's an adequate Moisturizer for our hair type. Just do what se said put a bead over it and leave it alone, stop obsessive over it itll be fine. It won't stay that way forever

Thundersquall said:
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Yea i hear ya bruh i think ill do that actually. I just got a thing of moroccan oil that i combined with jojoba oilwhich i expect will be a real legitimate combination.

tha tron said:

Thundersquall said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form