dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads in hats and other things

jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts

STARTED A WEEK AGO!!

i havn't wore a hat all week and i got hardly anywhere i decided today to wear one of those wierd sock hat things and my hair seem to knot more in about an hour than it did all week. should i carry on doing this in a hat, or just let it go free and not wear hats?

updated by @jarvis-zawistowski: 01/13/15 08:57:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

a wool hsat will help but they needd time freee too also wearing a hat all the time and u will end up with 1 dread so u gotta seperate more if u wear it alot

keep in mind your at 1 week going natural

only 1% see progress in a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts
true so just leave it till a few months in i guess?
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I'd say throw on a hat every once in awhile will not hurt if anything help, but let them free to do their own things too!
jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts
well i'll tell you my daily routine: i wake up the with a really bad bed head, so i put on a hat and my hair goes down then just head bang till it goes suitable for school go to school let it knot and when i come home wear the hat till i go to bed so it's roughly 50- 50 time spend anygood or dumb it down?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
for me a hat doesn't seem to do anything but that could just be my hair type. i still wear it off and on though. glad it's working for you.
jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts
yeah i've already small baby dreads so progress is good :D
UUURP
@uuurp
13 years ago
20 posts

wear a wool hat 80 percent of the day and sleep in it, rub your hair through the hat every chance u have i.e. driving, walking, sitting, etc. do this process for close to a year, separating them every so often to the thickness desired.

updated by @uuurp: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
13 years ago
154 posts

hats work good to dread up especially wool hats or sock hats. i know ppl who would use pantyhose to sleep in so that not only will they drea butthey wont get fuzzies or seperate as much but be ware because if u wear hats all the tim and dont go through seperating them u cud end up with one big matt

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form