Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pressing dread issue,... i dont know what to do

Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
im comeing up on the end of my first term of colage and i need to get a job. im not making in by and well idk what to do about my dreads. getting work is hard enough and im a felon. i have been rolling the thought over of getting rid of my dreads in the hope of bettering my chances of a job. i know i shouldnt have to change who i am to get a job but in reality,.... well dreads are not going to help me any. i dont wanna get rid of them, i love them and they are just getting good. i thought about getting a wig,.... but idk i need a job really bad or ima end up in jail cuz i cant pay my fines. so idk. ne ideas about what i should do?
updated by @earth-child: 02/14/15 07:37:35AM
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
im not looking for a serious job. more like gas pump or something like that. nohting fancy just something to see me threw until i can get done w my schooling. im going to give it a try but if i cant get a job somethings going to have to change you knoe cuz i have to survive
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
Just to drop in my 2 cents - I work for a work-at-home call center, doing telephone customer service. This allows me to not interact with anyone in person, so no worries there :-) If your interested in something like that, send me a message and I can give you some info on how to get into that type of work.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
call centers are always a good idea and pretty laid back dress wise, as for a gas station, throw on a bandana, do they have hats w/ their uniform? some do some don't. No offense but I'm thinking the felon issue will be more of a problem than your hair, just be open and honest and presentable, are your dreads long enough to tie back? Aloe them for the interview w/ maybe a nice headband or something there are lots of possibilities and I hope you find the right one for you and good luck on the job hunting!
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts
I also am interviewing. Went in yesterday for one, it went well, huge turn out of application. I was ask to come back this morning to observe surgery. Soooo I am on my way in. This is how I wore my dreads this morning. After I saw these picture I did tuck some loose end in and centered the clip. PS. I also have a felony...taking children out of the state without X's ok...that was like 25 years ago though. peace I am applying for surgical asst. or the front desk of Dr. practice. I do have thought of cutting mine off lately, but would rather not. Oh I did turn down one offer due to i'st location...soooo I was accepted in that one. peace
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Chels ;)
@chels
13 years ago
37 posts
just to give you some hope..the 2nd month i had my dreads i had an interview at a very nice salon in my town. as soon as i told my boss about my dreadlocks he freaked out and told me how much he loved them! he shows me off to all his clients constantly :) dont give up hope, i was really worried about the job thing when mines where new and luckly i found a wonderful open place to work.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

get a job

your dreads will noit keep u from getting a job if u try hard enough to get a job so just go for it put alotta energy into finding a job

if u find 1 u absolutely love and they insist on the dreads going then u concider it only if its a dream job

otherwise..keep trying till u get anything..apply everywhere fopr everything ..

youll get 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
thank you all so much for your help and saport. i just have been getting hte thoguht drilled onto my head by my mother that no one will hire an x drug dealer w dreadlocks, but bottom line is im who i am and your all right, theres s job out there some where that will take me for who i am past record, dreadlocks and the whole bunch.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

youyr in portland who in portlsand isnt an ex drug dealer with dreadlocks lol

your boss will probly be a dealer on the side haha

dont sweat it i remember when i was in portland they had these medical transport basicly taxis that took u to dr apointments every single 1 of them smoked me out on the way to the appointment i had cops give me joints i spent a week in the hospitol the hospitol directior gave us the key to the courtyard to smoke in this was years (almost a decade) before the 1st medical law went into effect

youd be hard to find a boss wgho doesnt smoke weed there..start looking now for jobs you wul find 1 easy

(btw didnt realize u were u since u changed names..love ya my fave felon freak)

Earth Child said:

thank you all so much for your help and saport. i just have been getting hte thoguht drilled onto my head by my mother that no one will hire an x drug dealer w dreadlocks, but bottom line is im who i am and your all right, theres s job out there some where that will take me for who i am past record, dreadlocks and the whole bunch.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
ok i wont lose hope and i wont lose my dreads either. :) and yes its me the felon freak :) and i love you too :) miss you bunches.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form