Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two Questions

Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts

1. If you wanted softer, healthier (and subsequently faster-growing) locs, could you put keratin/do protein rinses in your locs as if you would for loose hair?

2. Can you dye locs with henna? I know you CAN but is it advisable? Would it be better than chemical dyes even though you might get some henna-grit lost in the recesses of your locs?

:)

Peace~

updated by @storm: 01/13/15 08:54:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 yea altho it might condition a kil?

2 yea way better then chem crap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

No idea about using the protein rinses.

About henna, search the site, one lovely locked lady henna'd hers not too long ago and they looked great. I know you need to use the top quality henna.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/i-hennad-my-dreads?xg_source=activity#axzz1Cqht4suA

I have pretty long hair and figured it will cost about 50 bucks to do mine. I ordered samples from hennahut and henna for hair.

hennahut.com

hennaforhair.com

I tested one loc and it turned an auburn/burgundy color and i used the other and it turned pretty orange.

Things have come up since, so I haven't decided which i prefer if any or what I am going to do. I do still plan to henna my hair at some point. I had no trouble rinsing. The powder is very fine and henna for hair has tons of info and research on the site to help and even a how to for using henna on dreads. Definitely get a sample and test first.

Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts

Thanks for the link :)

A site that I get my henna for my hair is TapDancingLizard look for their mehndi link. They also have info in tattoos and dying hair but nothing on locs. I actually ordered henna seeds to try my hand at growing my own plants this year with my garden.

Loc Lava said:

About henna, search the site, one lovely locked lady henna'd hers not too long ago and they looked great. I know you need to use the top quality henna.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/i-hennad-my-dreads?xg_so...

I have pretty long hair and figured it will cost about 50 bucks to do mine. I ordered samples from hennahut and henna for hair.

hennahut.com

hennaforhair.com

I tested one loc and it turned an auburn/burgundy color and i used the other and it turned pretty orange.

Things have come up since, so I haven't decided which i prefer if any or what I am going to do. I do still plan to henna my hair at some point. I had no trouble rinsing. The powder is very fine and henna for hair has tons of info and research on the site to help and even a how to for using henna on dreads. Definitely get a sample and test first.

Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts
When I tried to look at that post it said the link cannot be found :(

Storm said:

Thanks for the link :)

A site that I get my henna for my hair is TapDancingLizard look for their mehndi link. They also have info in tattoos and dying hair but nothing on locs. I actually ordered henna seeds to try my hand at growing my own plants this year with my garden.

Loc Lava said:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/i-hennad-my-dreads?xg_so...

hennahut.com

hennaforhair.com

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Use caution with protein rinses . Protein is indeed what hair is made of but used in excess, instead of strengthening the hair it can over strengthen and cause breakage by making the hair brittle. Any protein rinse should be used in moderation. :)

Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts
I just tried the link and it worked. Maybe some bug. If it still isn't working for you. Just seach the site for henna and it will come up.
Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts

Thank Panterra I will keep that in consideration :)

Yes I tried it again and it works. Her color came out gorgeous.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form