Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Feel like i dont have enough dreads in the back/top of my head

Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

so i have fairly thin hair.. and i think maybe i dunno did i make my sections too big.. i feel like i have too many spots that are bare..

i left hair out for my fringe maybe i should dread some of that to fill the spots? or should i undo some of them and split them (did tnr 3 days ago)

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/MissBelleBee/dreadsfullday3.jpg

pic here

updated by @ashley-eve: 02/14/15 03:49:37AM
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I have a few two patches on my left and right side. Lucky I had enough hair that it dreaded, but they are very thin dreads. In due time they'll thicken up.
sings songs and plants seeds
@sings-songs-and-plants-seeds
13 years ago
13 posts
I was very worried about the same type of thing when i first started and as time goes on the dreads and the back of my head started to take care of itself, dreads seem to be a fix all just given time every month they seemed to fill in and smaller baby dreads formed inbetween which helped.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ok quick glance most of those sections should be 4 or 6 dreads they are way way way too big

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

Oh dear.. maybe i should comb it all out and start again :|

thats what i get for asking my mum to section it for me lol aw *sad face*

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i wouldn't comb it all out. just fix the area of concern. undo the larger ones and section those into smaller ones. im sure it'll be fine.

Ashley Eve Walker said:

Oh dear.. maybe i should comb it all out and start again :|

thats what i get for asking my mum to section it for me lol aw *sad face*

Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

Well ive spent a few hours today unpicking splitting and redoing some of the fat ones.. i dunno how it looks so far but its been pretty tedious and painful haha.. oh well live and learn now i know !!

i guess at least i didnt back comb and wax right!? lol

feeling like a bit of an idiot atm haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ah dont feel bad lotsa ppl dont that too thinking i want fat dreads then make sections the size of theyre shoulders not realizung the resulting dreads will be massive and take months to dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
hmm it looks like you have some patchiness because you didn't go along with your natural hair pattern. Does that make sense? The dreads should fall in a similar way to how you hair would lay naturally. Otherwise like knotty said the pulling once they start to really knot up will be painful. Smaller sections will definitely help you. Good Luck and keep us posted
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
funny. I had the same problem when I started mine, but when my dreads fattened up and the sectioning started to shift around it sorted itself out. I still have some sections as large as the ones you originally had, and they are shaping up to be some really fabulous fat dreads.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form