Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! dreads caught on fire

Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
14 years ago
15 posts
I was the fire keeper at Lodge today (my spirituality is through The Lakota way) and as I was standing by the fire, a wind blew hard toward my direction, and my dreads (although mostly out of my way) caught fire. The wind and heat was so intense it knocked me off balance. I brushed handfuls of singed hair off my head. My dreads are still intact, albeit somewhat... shorter, but it's frizzy and charred. Please help me to nurture them back to health. I am rincing with some cocoa butter and Lavender oil as I write this. Is that enough? Will they still develop normally? They are only about 10 weeks old, but looked awesome already...I'm a little "ocd" and just LOVE my dreads. I don't want to put too much shit in them, but I'm nervous..... Any advise is appreciated. I'll be online for several hours. If you want to email my address is cschell1031@yahoo.com, or I'll be checking back on the boards in a bitWopila, thank you
updated by @connie-puckett: 01/13/15 08:50:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads when mature will not burn easily (unless theres wax in them but i assume u never waxed) the only way they will burn is when loose enoughyours are young they will flare up (instead of just the outer fuzz)id rub um down jentluy maybe add jojobarubbing will remove the singed endsand the jojoba will treat em good (dont use much at all on new dreads) u can use aloe tooummfor 20 years i never trimmed my beard except by catching my face on fireit never did any harmnow that i dont smoke my beards outtaa control..lolan ocasional flare up isnt a bad thingon the other hand how was the sweat lodge? were yiu tending fire the whole time or did you do the sweat too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
A single conditioning treatment will help, just don't over do it.Just keep doing what you have been doing.In the end your hair will continue to grow and your dreadlocks will be fine.
Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
14 years ago
15 posts
OH! Thank you SO much!! I felt in my heart that it'd be fine, but I was worried still and truly needed to hear it from a seasoned dread-vet. As you might imagine Spirit got the stones H-O-T the Lodge was perfect. Lots of healing, lots of gratitude, lots of clarity. We were working on the ceremonial land this weekend, preparing for Vision Quest in the spring and Sundance this summer. I'm honored to be able to pray in this way..... one of my lessons this week was to protect that which is dear to my heart, Unci Makka, (the Grandmother Earth), Our Ceremonial Land, and my DREADLOCKS, LMAO!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tie em back or cover embut im always around fire and mine are everywhere they get into flames alotbut a tight dread wont burn like hair but like a stick taking alot more heat and time to actualy burn then more likely just smoulder

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form