Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sleep time dread wrapping

Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I have a wool tam that I wear at night that I really like, I use it because I read on this site that wool is good to help dreads to lock. But I've been curious if it's damaging to not wrap your dread's at night? Mainly just curious...thanks
updated by @heather-b: 01/13/15 08:49:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nah ofcourse noti never doumm a wool sweatter on youir pillow helps dreading toothe difference is the sweatters only on the side u sleep on unless u roll alota tams all around and even slightly redestributes the compression all aroundneithers really neededwololl helps only so much like sea saltany accelerated dreading is only going to be fractionalprobably most benificial in the earliest stages to speed from baby to teennot sure i mean i just cant see either sea salt or wool making u reach maturity much sooner then a month or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Right on! Thanks SE. I'm really not worried about dread acceleration, (I'm enjoying the daily dread surprises of the journey) I just started thinking about tossing and turning and pulling on dreads at night. So thanks for the info! :D
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
I do not have the glorious 20 yr old dreads that Soaring Eagle has. I just know from my own personal experiences that dreading happens without nite caps. I can't sleep with clothes on....there is no way I'm gonna sleep with something on my head. Why do you feel the need to have something on your head? Is it very cold where you live ?
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Actually, yes...it IS quite cold where I live, but I have been blessed with a heater, so that's not an issue. ;)As I mentioned, I've read in numerous places that wool tams are good for dreads...so it was simply a question of curiosity. :D

taye said:
I do not have the glorious 20 yr old dreads that Soaring Eagle has. I just know from my own personal experiences that dreading happens without nite caps. I can't sleep with clothes on....there is no way I'm gonna sleep with something on my head. Why do you feel the need to have something on your head? Is it very cold where you live ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i'm exactly the same wayi can stand socks but thats itwhen i moved and had ppl walking in on my all the time i had to settle with just no shirt most noghts but i really dont like anything but a sheetwhen its cold i do pull the blankets over my head (blocks morning light too) (since i go to bed at suntise)ive worn my tam at night like every now and then very rare of like ive been way over conditioning and they are like fuzzy to an extreme illwear ot a nightbut its always on the floor by morn

taye said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form