Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A sappy 2 month anniversary tale. :)

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
As I sit here typing this, its been 2 months since I created my account here, and tomorrow will mark my 2 month anniversary of my locks.I tend to get a tad sappy when it comes to anniversaries, and while I'm in this sappy mood I figured I would tell you all my story of my path that lead to the beginning of my journey. :)I remember being 12 years old, having insanely long, thick, and curly hair. I remember absolutely hating brushing it. So I would go for weeks at a time without combing. And every couple weeks my mom would scold me, break out the conditioner and work on my hair for hours. After only a couple weeks I would have several large dreads near the nap of my neck.That's when I realized I wanted dreads. Hey dreads meant never having to go through the process of combing. :)I remember being in high school, still hating the maintenance I had to perform on my hair, and wanting dreads so badly. I told a couple of my close friends that when I turned 18 I planned on dreading my hair. Of course I got no positive feedback on this matter...(sigh)In college (my first go around) I was dying for dreads. But I realized for me, it wasn't just about not having to comb my hair, it was a spiritual quest. I realized through meditation that there was some higher reason for me to have locks and I needed to wait.I waited for 10 years. 10 years of wanting.Several months back I became really close friends with a beautiful dread locked rasta we'll call Leo. I told him of my quest to someday have dreads, and he would always ask me what I was waiting for. I told him I was only going to get dreads when the time was right. That it was about my mind body and spirit deciding when and where.About 10 weeks ago I started having dreams. I'm one of those people who believe that dreams are meant to tell us something. :)The dreams lasted exactly 7 days with the same dream everynight. It was a dream within a dream. Of me sleeping and wakeing up to find I was dreaded. Going to the mirror and smiling myself while glancing at my dreads. Everynight the same dream. I started meditating more and more.That Monday, 1 week before the start of my journey, I knew. It was time. I called up my friend Leo and asked for his assistance. He asked me why now, and all I could say is, it's time. I have no say in when my spirit is ready for something.So a week later we got down to business. It look 20 hours spread across two days. I meditated for 20 hours and fasted.I remember when we finished on day two Leo told me to go look at myself. I told him I didn't need to, but after much pleading on his behalf I went to the mirror. Leo says I didn't react the way he expected. haha. He says he's never seen someone look so utterly calm and so peaceful. I remember I didn't even look at my dreads. I just looked into my eyes and smiled. :)This past year has been all about self discovery for me. I really have no idea why it was decided for me to finally get my locks now, but I think that has something to do with it.For 2 months I have felt completely at peace with myself. During these 2 months I've discovered how beautiful I am in and out. And during the past 2 months I have met and talked to amazing souls on this site! And I thank you guys! It means a lot to me to have such amazing friends.You guys are like a family to me. :)I love you all! :)
updated by @pixie: 02/14/15 06:12:15AM
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
P.S. The reason I never post picture of the back of my head, is because I have no idea what it looks like. And I intend to find out on my 1 year anniversary. :) So when I take my first look, so will you guys!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That's an incredible story...10 years is a long time to wait, but I'm sure it was worth it :DCongratulations!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
awww we love you and think you are so beautiful and this was such a beautiful inspirational storygroup hugs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
:) Thanks guys! (group hug)!!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Love it :)beautiful!
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
:) Thank you! Iain said:
Love it :)
beautiful!
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Good story Katie!! But I have seen the back of your head. Your dreads are looking so good. They fit you so well
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
haha! then ssssh! don't tell me how they look! :) Cody Pitt said:
Good story Katie!! But I have seen the back of your head. Your dreads are looking so good. They fit you so well
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
ahhhhh!!! that brought tears to my eyes! ^_^ naaawww.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form