Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi all! New here, hopefully welcome :)

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
So, I found this site thanks to my blog. SE and Island Mamma commented on it and led me here, thank Gods!I went to a salon, for my dreads and got the backcomcing.crochet method. Im finding now, this was not the best idea ever. :/.I needed my dreads to look ok right away as I have 9 kids and am at alot of functions. That being said, I now wish I wouldve researched a bit more here first. Ah well. Whats done is done. Now, how to stay on the right path?Obviously no more crochet hooks. Will my dreads be ok if I just leave them alone from here on out??Any tips would be much appreciated. Ill be here. Nursing triplets and reading through the forums :)Nicole
updated by @nicole: 01/13/15 08:37:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
9? wowbut yea thats pretty much the best way to go leave em be depending on the dammage donte tho u might go through a real fuzz out stage as the crochetted woven look puffs out thickens and begins to actualy dread u m may find a lot of the broken hairs make em extra frizzy just resist the urge to fix em and your fine if u are extra frizzy and have a function to attend smoothe em with lil aloeother then that..the time u spend with your kids is the time u spend on your dreadsby not spending time on themhug your babies :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Yay you're here! Of course you are welcome.Aloe gel is awesome, chemical gel will leave residue and build up making them heavy over time.Check out the washing guide, its basically baking soda and water, you can add essential oils for scent or healing purposes, its the best seriously.Thats one thing I really LOVE about dreading, the real clean. Not chemical clean.Be seeing ya around. :)
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
just let them do what they do. i did similar method.. we all make mistakes... leave it alone and let nature take its course... no products are needed either. just time and lots of love... welcome and good luck on ur journey..
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
So ya'll think I'm ok? I didn't totally F up my hair? :/. I don't want to start over. I'm too much in love already. :)I did the baking soda/water/EO wash. I followed SE's recipe but added Lemongrass EO as well as Tea Tree and Lavendar. I did do some sea salt and lemon juice, but not a ton. About 1/2T to 1/2 gallon water.I also did a quick spritz of rainwater, lemon juice and sea salt after the washing.It feels sooooo good! :)Im fuzzy but I'm leaving it be :) I shook it all out and sat in the sun for an hour. It's almost all dry.I sure hope my dreads are ok and dont start breaking off :(.Im so glad SE and Island Mamma found my blog!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea crochets not a great way it shouldnt be done ever really but the real danger is that it causes most to go on crocheting year after yeardoing it just to start will recoverif we caught u before dreading we woulda recomended twist n rip (since u think u couldnt go natural)but since u already started by crochet u can just let it naturalize

--
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Thanks SE...:)Im glad ya caught me when you did. I wont be going back.Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
island momma dragged me over there to help u ;)

--
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Well, a HUGE thank you to Island Mamma too :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form