Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

elmers glue dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when companies like dhhq sell the idea that wax helps dreads dread by holding hair in place it breeds a misunderstanding that leads people to try all kinds of dumb crap yo holds dreads togetherheres 1 funny example grant it this kids not too smart http://w3.cultdeadcow.com/cms/2006/12/facts-and-ratio.html he rationalized thst if wax holds dreads together glue would be better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/19/15 11:14:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh the funniest thing was i was searching google images for "nice dreads" when i saw this and just had to read the page it came from

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i just think its funny that because of the whole instant waxy dread thing people think smearing sticky stuff in dreads is the best way to go

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
doesngt even matter natural or not irs a sticky icky vs ckean thingfortunately more and more people are rejecting wax and sticky crap but still way too many newbies are being suckered into gooping up theyre dreads thinking its the right way to go

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Speechless...well, not exactly but none of what I have to say is very polite.
Jon2
@jon2
14 years ago
25 posts
I think the main reason why people do things like this is because they run into the first site and go "OMG I WANT DREADS!" then they run off and do this stupid crap without doing more research. IMO You should always research something that's going to change your life/look in a permanent way, instead of following the lemmings off the cliff. I was lucky that I ran into this site while I was obsessively researching dreadlocks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i guess i was lucky i didnt have internet 23 years ago and just saw a rasta on the street and asked "how do u get your hair like that" and he just said throw away your combthat was all my researchuntill i got the net then i learned plenty of WHAR NOT TO DO from seeing others mostakes

--
mel
@mel
13 years ago
3 posts
I too am contemplating dreads and trying to find out as much as possible.. glad i found this. AVOID wax, got it. :)

Jon said:
I think the main reason why people do things like this is because they run into the first site and go "OMG I WANT DREADS!" then they run off and do this stupid crap without doing more research. IMO You should always research something that's going to change your life/look in a permanent way, instead of following the lemmings off the cliff. I was lucky that I ran into this site while I was obsessively researching dreadlocks.
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Some people get fixated on the idea beyond all logical reason as well. I have a friend who's been contemplating dreads and having seen yours SE I think he's converted. But even after reading horror stories. And basically reading half the site. He still said to me. "I recon a little to giddy them up won't hurt."I resorted to repeatedly banging my head on the table until I had a brain wave!I cut the hair from a Barbie doll or two I got from a bootsale. And I TnR dreaded it and then added a small amount of wax to 'tame it a bit.'I am going to get it to Matt up as best as possible and when I'm done and I've added more wax as necessary and it's all dreaded. I'm going to challenge him to wash out all the wax. We will then cut the dread and look inside. If this works I will recreate the experiment with a real hair sample and YouTube it. And of course I will be using dreadheadhq wax and shampoo. Followed by bs and acv for a fair test.

mel said:
I too am contemplating dreads and trying to find out as much as possible.. glad i found this. AVOID wax, got it. :)

Jon said:
Sieramisu
@sieramisu
13 years ago
14 posts

although the picture above is ridiculous, elmers glue is a pritty normal think used to get a moehawk,

you take some elmersglue, mix it with some egg whites and "insto presto" your a bamf.

and it comes out easily after a few days and you're hair won't move. which is very important for a moehawk.

the difference being that dreads are supposed to move.

then again maybe he was mixing the liberty bell look into the dreads.

i bet this kid just comes from a strong punk backround and wanted to try a more metalhead dread look.

the bleach gnargle in the middle scared me though.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form