Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to deal with the stereotypes and other stuff of dreadlocks

Allie :D
@allie-d
14 years ago
9 posts
well i really want to get dreadlocks but i keep coming back to the issue with what people will think of me. see kids at my school are really mean, and i don't want to know what they have to say about them because i really really want them. also it wouldn't be like- hey she's a pot head, but- why does that white kid have dreads.so i need some words of advise...please help!
updated by @allie-d: 02/14/15 06:26:42AM
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
ignore them just think about it everyones diffrent we all got diffrent styles and taste :] or tie them up neatly when you go too school or headband/tam so they wont look too crazy and get kids attention..
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
My all time favorite quote on this matter....."What other people think about you is none of your business"- ?? Unknown
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Really you just gotta take the bad with the good. As long as you are around people you are going to get comments whether it be about your hair, your face, your body, the way you talk, the way you walk, the music you like, etc. Dreads are an attention catching difference so you may get even more comments. Just be yourself and let others deal with their own issues.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
haha, I've said something like that before. I love it. Izzy-licious said:
My all time favorite quote on this matter.....

"What other people think about you is none of your business"- ?? Unknown
Sophehhh
@sophehhh
14 years ago
11 posts
i had a lot of shit in school, but after time people get used to you, just gotta learn to ignor everyone who's being a prick and they will soon find someone else to pick on, bullys are horrible and should be picked off the earth, but it happens all the time, so seriously just do whatever u want, dont care about what other people think of you, so long as ur happy with urself thats really all that matters, u will realise who your real friends are by doing this and if people dis you because u have dreadlocks then they are just useless wastes of spaces with nothing better to keep their mind occupied than to pick on the minority. get them lady =)
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
In High school I had short spiky hair that was Hot PINK! I wore alot of black or crazy clothes and was a nerd in the marching band spinning flags and doing theatre. I got comments from everyone! The principle loved my hair.. he wanted the whole band to have pink hair! I even had people once they got to know me tell me they were afraid of me cuz i was brave enough to have my hair short and pink... they wished they were brave like me...just something to think about! Sophehhh said:
i had a lot of shit in school, but after time people get used to you, just gotta learn to ignor everyone who's being a prick and they will soon find someone else to pick on, bullys are horrible and should be picked off the earth, but it happens all the time, so seriously just do whatever u want, dont care about what other people think of you, so long as ur happy with urself thats really all that matters, u will realise who your real friends are by doing this and if people dis you because u have dreadlocks then they are just useless wastes of spaces with nothing better to keep their mind occupied than to pick on the minority. get them lady =)
Allie :D
@allie-d
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks for all the great advise. Now I feel a lot better about dreads and I am probably going to get dreads now. Thank-you !
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
it doesnt matter what people think. so who cares?rise above my sistahhhhh
Nick pearson
@nick-pearson
14 years ago
9 posts
dont ever listen to all the bullshit things people may have to say about you, do what makes ya happy
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form