Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stinky

Katie Fairchild2
@katie-fairchild2
11 years ago
9 posts

I never had a problem with dreadlocks having a smell because they were so small, blow drying always did the trick. Now that my dreads are super tight, hard, and thicker...I'm having an issue.

MY scalp is naturally oily. It takes about 2 days for it to get oily, and give off the "scalpy, greasy head" smell...you all know what smell i'm talking about. By the time it's time for me to wash my hair again, my other dreads just got done drying...so when I blow dry I can smell my dreads have this "laundry left in the washer for a couple days" kind of smell. It's not bad, or overpowering...I just notice it. I either have to wait a week to wash my hair and deal with the greasy scalp smell or wash my hair every two days and deal with the old mildew dread smell. UGH. I wish there was a way to just wash my scalp without getting my dreads wet. Any suggestions? Thank guys!

updated by @katie-fairchild2: 01/13/15 09:57:53PM
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Is it possible that you have shampoo build up or wax in your hair causing it to not dry all the way?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if the smell is a mildewy smell the rot knot will do the trick (its ready she just hasnt added it to the site yet but will go up tomorow)

you can wash every 3 or 4 days

they shouldnt take 3 days to dry unles real fat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Your hair should take twelve hours MAX to be fully dry, even the thickest ones.

Are you sleeping on a wet head????!! If you are then you're creating mold and mildew in your pillow and keeping the whole cycle going. Toss your pillow, and don't go to bed with a wet head. EVER.

You've got to kill that mold pronto. There are several ways to do it.

Katie Fairchild2
@katie-fairchild2
11 years ago
9 posts

There isnt mold...it just smells a little like old water when I blow dry it. im not sleeping on it wet, I blow dry it. I was just washing it every 3 days. Im doing everything right, using the right shampoos and everything. they are just so tight I can even push a pin through them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form