Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax removal

Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
I recently saw this post about a guy (i think it was a guy, can't remember who) had a good idea for finding a wax remover you might already have.He (maybe she?) suggested you take various soaps from your house and testing their wax removing abilities by putting some wax on your hand,then a little of the soap, and rinsing in water. The first soap I grabbed was Equate Milk and Honey moisturizing hand soap. Just lightly pressingthe soap to the wax made it soft and gooey. Before when I put my hand in the running water, the wax didn't move, with the soap, instantly fell of,another two rounds of this removed the residue almost completely. I tried this on a dread I had clearly overwaxed in the past. Three washes and Ican't feel any wax, and I dint think there's any in the core because there really isn't one because the dread loosened so much. It's been about a weekAnd that dread has already made noticeable progress, i plan on doing the rest today.Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, fragrance, cocamide MEA, DMDM hydantoin, polyquaternium-7, glycerin, tetrasodium EDTA, citric acid, aloe barbadensis gel, mel (honey), lactose, milk protein, silk peptide, hydrolyzed silk protein, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C red no. 40.
updated by @julian: 01/13/15 08:58:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds promicing but keep in mind theres a huge difference between your hand and the center of a dread (a tight 1)

most soaps if u use a whole lot and scrub like crazy will remove some (correct me if im wron g but at 1st a big clump fell off then took 3 washes to remove the thin film left on your hand?)

in a dread that big clump wouldnt fall off youd have to slowly remove layer after layer

but try using it awhile on all of em and see

the loose 1's will ofccourse be easy to get it outta

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
Yes, it took 2-3 washes to get the film off of my hand. I mainly mentioned the clump falling off because it seemed as though the soap caused an emulsion to an extent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

soaps will..to an extent..but require a hell of alotta soap and scrubbing to remove a really small amount

in a thick tight dread tho even the wax that emulsifies doesnt get effectively removed

the more concentrated orange oil dissolves alot more

but it still takes workand effort to get it all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
My dreads are just over 2 months old now, so they arent really tight or thick, but this really thick one in the back I've noticed it's harder to get the wax out of.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form