Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the journey of saving my waxed dread.

Van
@van
14 years ago
6 posts

Hello all! I thought I'd share my little experience with you all.

About 4 days ago I was at a music festival and decided to get a dread in my hair. Sadly, the woman doing this used beeswax and backcombing to create it. After coming on here, finding the facts and getting a bit of help from you lovely people, I got rid of my waxed dread and I am soon going to create my own using the twist and rip method.

Here are a couple of photos of the whole process... I apologise for the fairly dodge photos.

So I went from this rather loose thing...

To this, after a fair few minutes of combing - starting from the bottom and working my way up. Pulling the knots apart and gradually combing through.

I used this comb and spray made only of natural products (and not tested on animals! :)) to get rid of the dread completely.

I am now waiting for my hair to dry completely after a good wash before creating my new lovely dread using the twist and rip method. :) Any tips, hints, lectures, etc. are welcome!

I will be away for a couple of days but will take photos of the process and update you all on my baby's situation as soon as I can. Enjoy the new year!

Peace. :)

updated by @van: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

have fun with it dont try to get it super tight

dress donmt happen overnight

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Van
@van
13 years ago
6 posts

Hello all! Sorry for disappearing for so long.

So I was unable to create my new dread using twist and rip til 2 days ago, after I returned from a visit to my aunt. Anyways, this is what it looked like just after I created it and how it was looking today. :)

It's got a much nicer feel to it now - not waxy or clogged at all - it does look a little obviously twisted but that's okay. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
loltoo much twisting not enoiugh ripping but u get better each 1 u do so do more hahabuty in a few weeeks u wont see the twistiness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form