Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet and interlocking mistake

alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts

Hello dred family!! A week ago today I got my hair crocheted and at the end the guy doing my hair interlocked them once or twice so the hair would lay down because they were spikey..after a lot of back and forth with SE I've decided to keep my hair, neglect it from here on out and not get any maintenance on it. My head itches like crazy (has in the past but now I cant itch it as easily) and a lot of my hair are coming out of the "dreds" and everywhere else going wild. Maybe one day if my hair gets long enough I'll just cut off the part I have now. I've made my decision to carry on and not cut my hair like I was gonna... any tips, comments, advice, anything would be great. Do you guys have faith that my mistakes can be fixed by growing them out? Thanks for reading and again thanks to SE he is a dedicated dred head for sure

20200102_133400.jpg
20200102_133400.jpg  •  1.8MB

20191231_124221.jpg
20191231_124221.jpg  •  1.9MB

20191227_171126.jpg

20200102_192404.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

how many dreads total

wash often

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best, get at least 1 bar 1 liquid use the bar at 1st toi loosen them a bit once looser and softer ucan switch to the liquid

they were spiky ccause crochet makes them so incredibly tight they are stick like stiff, the thousands of broken hairs makes them rough and scrartchy to the touch

you can use a lil jojoba or argon or conconut oil to  soften them 9the tight parts not the roots)

once thewy are looser leave em be switch to the liquid and watch em dread

but how many dreads total if theres under 20 .. you might still want to consider starting over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts
There are 34 total won't be able to order the shampoo for another month and half.... right now I've been using a apv,water,tea tree and little coconut oil all mixed together
alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts
Is this really bad or will it fix itself?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

like isaid interlocking often leaves holes i would demand a full refund

dont use acv it disolves hair

--
alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts
Yeah I'm actually rethinking... might try to brush these out and hope it didnt do too much damage... you live and you learn
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

u can try doing a criss cross wrap on that section  with embrooidery thread and it might self seal that hole

whether u continue or start over id still ask for a refund  cause not only did they use terrible methods but did terrible job with them,  normaly if u interlock they do it several times in several directions that prevents that..but ofcourse over tightens the roots  chances are  also that if they were naturally sectioned they would be 2 dreads, even without  interlocking backcombed dreads sometimes split at the roots  because the forced sections wanted to be 2 diferent dreads

--
alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts
I'm starting over.... took three out in 10 minutes without much loose hair coming out... I feel so sad I abused my hair I'm always taking care of hair,skin, health... do you have any recommendations on what products to use to heal my hair after I get all these out?
alcar
@alcar
4 years ago
9 posts
Gonna plan on growing my hair out a couple years before trying to start dreding the natural way
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

why u can let it dread naturaly from a shaved head

depends on condition

an avcacodo mask will strengthen it

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags