Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just me :)

Shelley
@shelley
11 years ago
2 posts

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and say hi, introduce my self and all.

So......Im 34, motherof three, single, currently living in Australia having moved here from the UK in December, but its not the life for us im afraid, I cant afford it for one! So we are now off to India for 6 months which should be interesting!

I used to have curly red hair so my choice to dread has been much to the dismay of my family.....My identity seemed to always revolve around my hair and I think I came to a point where I thought, I wanted to be known and appreciated for more than the fact I had curly red hair!

I am on a very focused spiritual path, having had a rather illuminating kundalini awakening in 2009, it has taken all of my energy to deal with it until now it is just settling down so I think my decision to dread is very much to do with my spiritual purpose.

I started dreading at the beginning of May through T&R, some wax, though my lazy ass only managed to complete waxing a few dreads at the front luckily! Since then I have just left it to it, washed three times a week, sectioning and watching with pure amazement how my hair has gone from chest length to up around my chin! It is loopy, frizzy, kinky, funky, sticking out in all directions and all in all just amazing! A couple of days ago I was in a space of saying "I cant do this anymore, they have got to come out!" because my head looked like a birds nest .....no not even a birds nest, birds nests are much neater! When I say crazy I mean crazy!

Im just running with it now, watching with a fair amount of amusement the looks on peoples faces as I walk by them, some a look of horror, some just interested and some just slightly perplexed at this (nearly) middle aged woman walking by who looks like she has just climbed off the worlds scariest roller-coaster ;) this is fun! Check my pics, these were taken yesterday after dreading naturally, T&R (aside from a couple of waxing attempts of the front ones). They have shrunk almost half the size, every single one is a loop and my whole head is a mass of frizz! I do love it but Id love to know when they will all calm down a bit!

So thats just a bit :) Blessings, Namaste, with greatest love and light to you all xxx

updated by @shelley: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Welcome! Mannn, I would personally love to live in Australia...but anyway. Yeah, dreads will do that. Frizziness is a common problem. They'll calm down, eventually. Yes, you do have to wait awhile, but it's worth it. :)

!

Wait, what are you washing with? I've found that out of all the washing methods discussed on this site, the BS/ACV method leaves your hair the least frizzy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they look awesome unfortunately the wax isnt good enough to stop waxing its evil stuffand must be completely removed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shelley
@shelley
11 years ago
2 posts

ill get it out :) thanks! Yeh, Australia is beautiful, the people beautiful as well but unfortunately I just cant afford to live here. Plus i want to teach my teen boys what it is to give back to people rather than just live their life for the xbox haha! hence our 6 month trip to India :) Can you tell me when the craziness may calm down a bit? It seems my hair is doing this whole dread process really quickly, it only being a month so far, most feel like proper 'ropes'. I love the madness but would quite like them to chill out a bit on the frizz front haha! I am washing with tea tree shampoo, thats it. BC and AC you say, doesnt that make you smell like vinegar? ;)

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

The ACV rinse won't leave a vinegar-y scent in your hair if you dilute it enough. Most people here use 1-2 tbsp per five cups...I've used as much as 1/3 cup per three cups and it still didn't leave a bad smell, actually. It's a conditioner though (believe it or not), so you probably don't want to do any stronger of a mixture than that.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form