Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So, Dawn is Pretty Awesome

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

The attached photo was taken right after I got out of the shower. Not sure how many other newbie dreaders here have trouble with their dreads unraveling every time they wash them, but if you're one of said people, I may have found a solution. A few weeks ago, I was a bit short on time and didn't have half and hour to do a BS soak, so I grabbed some Dawn off the kitchen counter, diluted it 12-1 as one would with Dr B's, saturated my hair with it, and followed it up with an ACV rinse.

No. Unraveling. Whatsoever! :D

Been doing this twice a week for the past few weeks or so, and my dreads are tighter than ever. I may just have to ditch the BS now, haha. I washed my hair with the Mediterranean lavender variety this morning, and mannn does it ever smell good now! Haha. Not experiencing any itching or burning in the scalp department, nor am I seeing any excessive breakage. So yeah, I'm pretty happy.

Just thought I'd share!

updated by @laura-earle: 01/13/15 09:52:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

maybe u should try the dreadlockshampoo i mean dawns safe on dishes but its still alotta chemicals and harsh degreasers

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

SE -- I'm sure it's good shampoo, seeing as how many people use it on here, but I really, really, really don't have that kind of money right now.

Justin -- Oh mannnnn, am I ever in trouble now! *Dreads snap off of scalp and fall to the floor as she drops dead*

...But seriously, I'm fine. X_x

Okay, okay, yes, I will not deny that Dawn is full of harsh things. My place of work recently started selling a sulfate-free brand of dish soap called Ology, and I'm thinking about trying that. With my employee discount, it's not that much more expensive than regular dish soap.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form