Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help!! waxed dreads Needed advice

Breanne Montgomery
@breanne-montgomery
11 years ago
3 posts

Help! So about 3 weeks ago I decided to dread my hair. Upon research I stumbled across dreadheadhq and thats where I got all my info. A friend did it for me (shes a hairstylist and said she studied how to do it) and she sectioned it, backcomed and then waxed. My hair was FULL of wax. She told me to reapply it so I did. Then I started reading about wax and had this HUGE battle of getting it out. I am really disappointed that I didnt let my hair naturally dread. The roots are starting to dread together, not where the sections are. I feel my hair is unnaturally sectioned. How can I fix this? Or is it too late? I truly am so upset I didnt know anythig about natural dreading before I did this, i am regretting my decision to have had someone do them:( Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

updated by @breanne-montgomery: 01/13/15 09:52:54PM
Breanne Montgomery
@breanne-montgomery
11 years ago
3 posts
Im also a little tempted to comb them out and start over NATURALLY. But not sure if thats a good idea.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

combing out andstarting naturaly is the best thing tell your friend she studied wrong (not her fault they teach it wering) and she should join here to learn the truth

if u want to continue on u can by getting wax b gone but your really best off startiong over especialy if ypur under a month

but make sure u set your freind straight

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Breanne Montgomery
@breanne-montgomery
11 years ago
3 posts
Ok thanks! I think I will start over. It just feels like the right thing to do
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts