Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the way of the rainbow warrior

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
history/hipstoryin 1972 a small group of visionaries sent out an invitation to all the people of the world including world leaders church leaders and members of law enforcement to come gather together on a mountain in colorado to pray for peace.over the 1st week in july 10,000 gathered, with july 4th being renamed interdependence day, recognizing all the people of the world as not being independent, but interdependent on one another to have peace.the 4th was marked by silence from sunrise till noon for each to meditate pray or contemplate in theyre own fashion.on the last day of the 1st gathering a sign was placed by the side of the trail by an unknown person simply saying "next year montana?"the following year around june hundreds drifted into montana with no planning or any idea where to goseveral met up camping and sat down to talk. this may have been the 1st spring council, they organized the second gathering quickly and thousands soon showed up.from this humble begining the rainbow way spread across thge world, countries as diverse as russia turkey thailand china australia norway poland germany tibet , you name it started seeing a growing rainbow movement. spanning all political religious and cultural borders.it literaly was a government that united all people and worked equaly well everywhere.prophesies and the birth of a nation without leaders or bordersmany indiginouse tribes as well as the mormon religion have prophesies of a new tribe who bring with them peace.within the past 6 years or so, a canadian tribe attempted to get the league of indiginouse nations to officialy recognize the rainbow family of living light as theyre "new tribe" from theyre prophesies.in ireland a lokota medicine man attending the iraland gathering had a vission and came back with a song, that when translated means sacred rainbow nation.the lokota have a prophesie as well that is written"when the earth is dying, and the trees are weeping, there shall come a new tribe, a tribe of people who care, and they shall be called the warriors of the rainbow"peaceful warriors, the birth of a nation and the seeds of peacewhen attacked we respond with love, when fought against we disarm with hugs. when harmed we sit down and talk,with no organization st all, no leaders to turn to, we learned the value of cooperation.first, we needed food, however, we are not a commercial thing, so we cannot charge for food. hundreds of free kitchens emerged, a few who serve main circle (a massive meal shared by many thousands) would get supplied by main supply which was supplied by people who bring mass quantasties of food with them, and by the majic hat (the only place where money is allowed, a small ammount would feed 40,000 well as well as cover healthcare kid villiage and the best cleanup efforts of any group out there)medical was handled by calm, (creative alternative living medicine) which includes modern medical ass well as virtualy every alternative medical practice.then theres safety although in general it was the safest place in the world, we do invite the world and the world comes, this includes a small number who are unaware how to behave. so when a safety issue arises, you simply scream shante sena loud as u can, and everyone comes running. we police ourselves.governing the ungovernablesick of a uncaring government that never truly represented the will of the people we had to re-create the idea of government. the solution was simple as can be.no leaders means all are leaders. each and every voice has total power. that isnt to say that if 1 person says we are all going to do this then we are all forced to do it, just the oposite, it means if 99% say we want to do something and only 1 man absolutely refuses to allow it then it wont happen.this ensures maximum satisfaction. everyone must agree, or at least not disagree strongly enough to block the will of the majotitythis also means that the founders themselves have no more power then a 3 year old who just arived for the 1st time that day.no way to abuse power if noone has power to abuse.more then an event, a way of lifethe rainbow gatherings affect you in profound ways, changing lives.to some this guides them to do more in theyre communities to spread the rainbow way.for others this becomes a full time obsession.when katrina hit the gulf coast, and fema failed to help the dying and desperate, rainbows with no organization at all flodeed into the area to help, 6 of the main kitchens came together to form rema and arrr (rema rainbow emergency management assembly arrr american rainbow rapid responce)
this vid from waveland cafe will blow your mind.others lake these guys http://blip.tv/file/1614523 have been doing it for years (the bus is officialy registered to "everybody") they have been at it about 20 years now.i myself with local family turned the worse crack neighbourhood into one of the safest most peaceful places in the cityyou take the rainbow vission home with you and just want to do good in your community. so it spreads on even to those with no idea what theyre experiencing.vidios and websites and more(from the unoficial websitre http://www.welcomehome.org this image is from the ireland gathering, international gatherings are a small fraction of the size of the us nationals) http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...id=6375360 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...id=6603008 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...id=6668908 there are a ton more on my myspace both on the profile page and if u click the vid linkthere are thousands on youtube and other vid sites if u search for rainbow family or rainmbow gathering.websites http://www.welcomehome.org http://www.welcomehere.org are the main ones but theres thousands of others.music http://rainbowtribe.net newsgroup alt.gathering.rainbowother communities (fairly new and growing) http://www.rainbowgatherings.org note: no one person can really speak for all of rainbow so these are just my opinion and should not be concidered a repressentation of all.to fully explain and understand rainbow you would need the combined opinions of a huge number of people

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:49:30AM
Matthew Breen
@matthew-breen
15 years ago
17 posts
sounds amazing :D
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
<3 <3 <3I am so moved by the history/background stories I have read and this as well... I have not been to a rainbow gathering yet, but hope to next year *crossing my fingers for NC*I especially love the quote "when the earth is dying, and the trees are weeping, there shall come a new tribe, a tribe of people who care, and they shall be called the warriors of the rainbow" .. Where is this from? I would love to use that on my facebook, but of course give credit where it's due.Thank You SE for bringing rainbow to us and the community around you. I have been trying to live with love as my religion and be "human" with people, even when its hard. I find more peace within myself just from doing so.In short....I feel the love man.. ;)
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Hey SE...where were you camped at the MI 02 gathering? I was camped with Turtle Soup, we were there for 3 wks. Here's the cool thing about that gathering...Rainbow was celebrating 30 yrs and I had just turned 30. I sprained my foot and couldn't get around that great...the main trail was bad, man. I went to Dun Dun's camp for a drum circle one night...the freaking most awesome healing I have ever experienced. I have a few pics I should post. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
willow the quotes a old hopi prophesyseveral tribes prophesized the comming of a new tribe that unites the worldeven the mormons recognize us as the "lost tribe" i think they called ittheres a tribe in canada that wanted us recognized as a legit indiginouse nationalso in ireland a hopi elder went off on a vissionquest and came back to the gathering with a chant he pressented to rainbowweaverim going to butcheer the spelling so ill try it more phoneticlymach-pee-ya gle-gle-icho oh-yacht-te wankammachpeeya being sky father glegleicho the big rainbow in the sky (theres another word for lil rainbows in water drops and such) now the next 21 are the greattest honour, ohyachte means nation wankam ..wantam tonka is the great spirit tonka like tonka trucks was great so wankam means spiritthe translation means sacred rainbow nationechoi was hidden if ya were comming up from the river past ..umm i think turtle soup ..wel;l i was between 1st and 3rd kitchen i thinkjust off into the woods up a hill over a stream..thats what i get for letting other ppl choosethe campsite..loli dont even remember where dundun was there but the drumming at dundun is alweays world class mindblowing

--
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
Man SE i'm glad i found this forum. I've never heard or rainbow before i came here but it sounds amazing i watched thoses videos and its just mind blowing. I've been sick of working to living it gives you no time to actually live and find out more about myself and the world.One of these days i would love to go to one of these gatherings and learn even more about it and gain that experience. I've always wanted to join the peace corps and go help people in other countries but i never even thought that there was something like this here. This is something i could see mself getting into also.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
u got an im? lets talk and i wanna send u some more stuff

--
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
nah i don't have an im i ue to but i havent used one in so long its not even on my new computer. soaringeagle said:
u got an im? lets talk and i wanna send u some more stuff
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sent ya a myspace message insteadbut the 1 thing i wanted to send ya i cant without im..at least not ezi uploded it the other day for willow and fae i thinkbut it kept screwing up and took forever and now seems the files are no longer on thereso id have to do it all over again

--
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
would it be easier to email it to me? soaringeagle said:
sent ya a myspace message instead
but the 1 thing i wanted to send ya i cant without im..at least not ez
i uploded it the other day for willow and fae i think
but it kept screwing up and took forever and now seems the files are no longer on there
so id have to do it all over again
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form