Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreads started off on the wrong foot, but it seems they may recover?

Lilith Bear
@lilith-bear
12 years ago
5 posts

So I started my dreads, unaware of my error, with the crocheting method. It was about 5 and a half months in to the journey that I took the pics in the album on my page not having crochet a single time since their making. They've only just begun shrinking and have finally settled down to a minimal frizz!

I know I started them in a harmful manner, but I'm curious if it was all that bad. Yes I 100% agree that crocheting is wrong and harmful... but it doesn't seem to have had a terribly negative effect on my hair..at least at this point? Maybe it put me a little behind the proper maturation schedule? I'm not sure...thoughts?

(Also I'll upload how they looked when they started so you can see the difference, just need to find some pics)

updated by @lilith-bear: 01/13/15 09:34:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well yoir almost 6 months in thats the typical recovery time the extra frizzinesa is from the broken hairs your now at where u should have been 5 months ago about and..you will have a degree of weankening..to what extents hard to say but its probably not anything worth worrying aboit

a 1 inch dread supports like around 1000 pounds

weakening that even 10 percent and they still support 900 pounds..505 and your still more likely to break your neck then a dread

yea crochet has caused dreads to break but the damage has to be really secvere by that point

this can take years if u crochet ocassinaly or months if u crochet obsessivly

1 crochet use sets u back does a fair ammount of destruction but isnt a death sentence

but theyd be way better off if u nevrr did it at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lilith Bear
@lilith-bear
12 years ago
5 posts

I'm glad to know my little ones can recover after my mistake! I can't wait to see where they go from here :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are looking pretty good now your adorable to where in philly are u u ever go to the drum circles?

--
Lilith Bear
@lilith-bear
12 years ago
5 posts

Thanks! Well I moved up to Burlington Vt in June. When I lived in Philly I lived by Penn's Landing kinda. I've attended a couple of the drum circles and have friends that frequent them...
Since I'm not there now I can't go to often, but anytime I'm visiting Philly and am free on the right night I try to make it!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh lucky u vermonts beautiful

--
Lilith Bear
@lilith-bear
12 years ago
5 posts

It really is, but I have the bug for travel and can't wait to get on the road again

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

me too i am dying to fix up my schoolbus and hit the road

--
Lilith Bear
@lilith-bear
12 years ago
5 posts

I need the money for some kind of vehicle :( Saving up!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form