Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can these be saved??

Rachel7
@rachel7
12 years ago
8 posts

Ok, my dreads are 7 mos. old, they were backcombed in and wax was used on them sporadically over the first 2 months. Last month I started wax removal and I am still doing it once or twice a week to try and remove what seems to just be a stubborn residue left behind at this point. My main problem right now tho is about 5 or 6 of my dreads were backcombed in way too vigorously by the idiot who did them and the hair is really broken. They just feel weird compared to my other dreads which feel pretty nice and healthy now. They are stiff and prickly and kind of pull on the scalp in an uncomfortable way. I'm considering taking out these "problem dreads" and leaving most of the others in, then letting that hair dread back up on its own. Would this work??? Should I try something else?

Thanks!

updated by @rachel7: 01/13/15 09:34:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

after 7 months why are they pulling on the scalp weird unless they are way too big or something?

the roots should have loosened up enough to be confy long ago

u can definately take those few out and let em dread up

how are you removing wax?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel7
@rachel7
12 years ago
8 posts

I'm not sure I think maybe because they are SO tight I'm not really sure its just a few of them doing that. I'm using the wax b gone stuff to remove it's working pretty well also did my first bs/acv wash this week and I've boiled once too but I have found that to be an enormous pain in the ass...

If I remove what is the best way? Do I have to use a nasty conditioner I would rather use something natural.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

olive oil dip in and squeeze it into the core use a soft brush or even toothbrush or a comb slowly slowly and gently comb out from the tip uo work=ing only on the last 1/2 to 1 inch knotted nearthe tips

--
Rachel7
@rachel7
12 years ago
8 posts

ok great I'm gonna start tonight I can't wait to get these stiff prickly dreads off of my head!! any suggestion for something that could repair the broken tips of these hairs or are they just damaged for good

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nothing repairs damaged hair some things makeit seem repaired by filling in the rough spots orsgluing them back togethber with residies and resins

trimming off the split ends is 1 option

--
Rachel7
@rachel7
12 years ago
8 posts

Took out the first three...about a third of the hair in each dread wasn't even attached to my scalp anymore they were just like little knotted clumps of broken hair stuck inside the dread no wonder they felt weird. Takin out the other 3 tomorrow!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow he musta backcombed them to extremely agressivly

sure u shed hair thats stats in there ..but 1/3/

u shed every hair on your head every 7 years by that i mean it takes 7 years to shed evcery hair yiu have so that should average to it taking 7 years to shed every hair in a dread

so should take 2 1/2 years almost to shed 1/3

now if that was an overestimate and it was lil less then 1/7th then its possible it was just shed hair

--
Rachel7
@rachel7
12 years ago
8 posts

He was definitely too aggressive with some of them I could tell from the start...they just felt crappy compared to the rest

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form