Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I tell what shampoos are non residue?

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Basically my aunt has decided she wants to try letting her hair dread but absolutely detests the thought of not using a shampoo. I have a bottle of Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo that I was going to let her use till we order some lockin up. Is this ok?
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:34:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i think its been discussed before but cant remember

1 way is to look at the ingredients

another is to smear some all over a glass and rinse and see if it leaves a film ...or taste

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Thanks. I'll check both out.... Contains laurel Sulfa-whatever. Too many ingredients I can't pronounce. Not even checking the glass test. She can suffer through a week or two :p
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they call that organix? thats toxic chemical garbage

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i looked it up and the first thing i noticed is that it has at least five different conditioners in it. perfect for soft, unknotted hair. definitely stay away from any ingredient that ends with -cone. these are silicones that create a seal around the hair to aid it softness and shine. dimethicone is the 7th ingredient in the shampoo.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Yeah I bought it a while ago... Read the name and though good its healthy. I didn't like how it made my hair feel. My hair dries out sooo easily. Glad I read the label before I handed it off to her. Shes gonna try The bs/acv But i Have to set it Up for her lol. Btw she proved me wrong. 2 days and she hasn't brushed. Now if I could get her to let me photograph her... Lol
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

you could always pick up a bottle of neutrogena anti residue shampoo. it does have sls but she would be washing less often so it might work for now. she could always alternate it with bs/acv.

Jen said:

Yeah I bought it a while ago... Read the name and though good its healthy. I didn't like how it made my hair feel. My hair dries out sooo easily. Glad I read the label before I handed it off to her. Shes gonna try The bs/acv But i Have to set it Up for her lol. Btw she proved me wrong. 2 days and she hasn't brushed. Now if I could get her to let me photograph her... Lol
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

If all else fails there's always dreadlockshampoo.com

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Yeah She's ordering next paycheck. But She was him hawing about it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form