Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

overnight site issues expected

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

as yiu mnay know we are beta testing new stuff all the time and 1 bigthing is a new built in ad system

perfectling it is causing m9=]inor issues on the main site and major issues on mobile

for that reason i have disabled it on mobile overnight however may "spot tet" occassionalyto see if stability has returned as cukdes are updated

on the man site some times the code that loads last isnt loading so symptoms might show up like the toolbar at ti]op of text editors not loading share widgets not loading and the page loading indicator not finnishing

things are getting better hour ny hour but arent really ready to be turned on full time (mobile) much of the updating and debugging is performed overnight and a "last known stable" code put back during the day to minimaze the effects on users

so when its unusably instable i shut it off overnight then do my own bug hunting all day

theres about 38 peope involved in beta testing but i have found 98% of the bugs as well as dove deep into code to try to find the causes and help speed up the fixes.

i would expect it to be weeks till its perfcected but should be relatively stable and mostly working proerly within a week at most..i hope

anyone who remembvers beta testing the new chat may remember how often that had to be shut off due to instability and extremely slow page loads but now you love the chat

its this beta teting hat helps constantly improve the sites major features

you can help by reporting any issues you see wether you think its related or not along with screenshots

and even when the issue is severe enough do view sourse and save the sourse code

if there is a time when main or mobile becomes too unstable and i'm not on i will show baba how to turn it off and on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:33:41PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form