Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating hair that's sectioned

Kika Moonh
@kika-moonh
12 years ago
33 posts
Ok well I'm 6 days in on my free form journey and my hair has all sectioned itself really nicely! My question is should I be separating the sections? My hairs really curly and many sections are intertwined at the tips. The roots are all nicely sectioned and don't intertwine at all. Should I only start separating the tips once my hairs strts dreading or not at all? Or should i be separating now? I don't mind a few big locs but I don't want em all huge! I'm probably just stressing but all you dreads are so helpful I figured why not ask!
updated by @kika-moonh: 01/13/15 09:31:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if they are combining and u dont want em too then seperate em

its that simople u seperate when u need to seperate nobody can say wait a month cause some congop in a day others wont need seperating for several months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kika Moonh
@kika-moonh
12 years ago
33 posts
Thanks for the advice SE. Unfortunately I've decided to take the comb to my hair! I definitely think I'm not ready for dreads yet. The further in I get the more doubtful I become! Not to mention I cant stand the feeling of not running my hands through my hair! Dreads are awesome but I'm definitely not ready fo the long term commitment I believe they require.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats a shame

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kika Moonh
@kika-moonh
12 years ago
33 posts
It is. Just comb my hair and it's sad to think I stopped this beautiful process but I just couldn't fully commit. Dreads are definitely something I'll do just not right now. I really appreciate this site and all your help. Keep up the good work! I hope to be back soon! Starting my journey to dreadiness again.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form