Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this soap safe?

Taylor Anne Hope
@taylor-anne-hope
12 years ago
3 posts
I am very new to the dreadlock community! My dreads are just over 2 months old now and they are locked up pretty well already since I had super curly hair to start with. I used the twist and rip method along with. Bit of back combing.I am trying to be as natural as possible with my locs and my lifestyle. A friend of mine makes these homemade soaps that I regularly use on my body but I was going to try one specific one on my hair as well. I'm just wondering if any body thinks these ingredients are unsafe.They are:Saponified organic unfiltered olive oil, Organic coconut oil, water and organic olive leaf powderI have Lready used this soap on my locs and if left really nice. If anybody has any input let me know! Thank you!You can also purchase my friend's products online at: http://skincarenaturals.com/natural-skin-care-blog/
updated by @taylor-anne-hope: 01/13/15 09:31:56PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

sounds like a nice soap. it might be a bit conditioning though due to the olive oil. just do a bs wash every once in a while to avoid build up.

Taylor Anne Hope
@taylor-anne-hope
12 years ago
3 posts
I do one of the bs washes once a week and I wash my hair every three days with just bar soap. I like the cleanliness and the routine so far and I'm super happy with my dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

"skin care" soaps are genera,ly very conditioning to give yiu soft moisturized skin thats a great body bar but probably not best for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Taylor Anne Hope
@taylor-anne-hope
12 years ago
3 posts
Okay thank you. I might pick up a bar from the dreadlocks shampoo site through here then (:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form