Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby Dreads (updated 7/24)

Jess Rollar
@jess-rollar
12 years ago
3 posts

I just got my hair redreaded on Saturday, so they are 2 days old now (not counting Saturday). I had dreads for only about a week a year ago when I used wax, then brushed them out after reading more about how bad wax is, so gross! I finally got them again with NO wax and loving them. They were done with the twist and rip method. I'm afraid my aunt made them a tad too neat, but they are starting to friz up and it makes me happy to see the twists going away. I hope my scalp patches go away as well over time. I have about 47 I think.

Newest pic from today

Gave them a wash today and feels SO good! They are started to fill in at the top a little more than the first day, much happier seeing this happen! The roots are loosening up a lot which is fine.

And another shot of the tips, kinda. They wispy yet matted and I love how they look today.

updated by @jess-rollar: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Looking good! Just you wait, some of those babies are going to come out and take control of their own destiny. Also, in about a month - 2 months you will definitely have fuzzies in between the sections to protect your scalp.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea shes right but the twu=istiness will also start to go away as they transform into actual dreadies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jess Rollar
@jess-rollar
12 years ago
3 posts

Thanks! I had to wash them this morning since my hair normally gets oily after the second day but I held out 3 days. They actually fuzzed up a lot on top and filled in a lot of scalp, I'm amazed! They look way better now than they did yesterday.

Valrie said:

Looking good! Just you wait, some of those babies are going to come out and take control of their own destiny. Also, in about a month - 2 months you will definitely have fuzzies in between the sections to protect your scalp.

Jess Rollar
@jess-rollar
12 years ago
3 posts

I noticed at looking at them today vs. the first day, the twists are slowly going away little by little. I still have a few in back that are still neat and uniform, so those will for sure go away eventually to. I think she got a little too carried away with making it look good rather than just going at it for me lol

soaring eagle said:

yea shes right but the twu=istiness will also start to go away as they transform into actual dreadies

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form