Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sore head?

Kirsten lb
@kirsten-lb
12 years ago
3 posts

I just got dreads yesterday and my head is really sore. I kind of expected it since the guy that did them was really rough and I'm sure my scalp is just recovering from the abuse of yesterday, but I just want to ask if this is normal? I'm worried he made them too tight, but there's plenty of room at the roots...

updated by @kirsten-lb: 02/14/15 09:26:47AM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

With backcombing, I was told that if it doesn't hurt....their not doing it right lol.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

How were they put in?

Did the person use wax?

If yes, you should get rid of all the wax right away.

The scalp is probably just recovering, but generally, dreads are not supposed to hurt. The pain will pass. Just don't do anything else to them except for washing andoccasionally separating. Literally, nothing else. No wax, no maintenance.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whoever told you that doesnt know what they aqre talking aboit

if it hurts they are too agressive

now for the original question reason numbver 27 not to let some guy (or gal) make your dreads

going to a salon or locticians always a mistake if the worse theing they did was rip out your hair and make you have a bloody scalp consider yourself lucky

we need to know what they did what was used every detail to know wether your better off starting over or not or how to go abgout recovering

MamaKittyLove said:

With backcombing, I was told that if it doesn't hurt....their not doing it right lol.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

The same chick that told me that dread wax is good told me that actually. Of course I shouldn't of listened to her lol.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they also say to use metal combs cause you will break dozens of plastic ones

well which do u think is stronger a plastic comb..or a hair if your breaking combs imagine what yiur doing to your hair

this is why i prefer natural drwading the gentlest breeze that tickles your cheek tangles your hair

no hours and hours of screamming in agony

--
Kirsten lb
@kirsten-lb
12 years ago
3 posts

He did the twist and rip and backcombing with a metal comb. Plus he used a knitting needle for the tips. He was very aggressive and it hurt a lot while he was doing them, so much that I was cringing and flexing every part of my body. No wax was used. the dreads are REALLY tight, not at the roots, but the dreads themselves are ridiculously tight. when I touch my scalp in certain places without pulling any hair, it hurts. so that makes me think that I was just a lot more tender headed than I had thought.

soaring eagle said:

whoever told you that doesnt know what they aqre talking aboit

if it hurts they are too agressive

now for the original question reason numbver 27 not to let some guy (or gal) make your dreads

going to a salon or locticians always a mistake if the worse theing they did was rip out your hair and make you have a bloody scalp consider yourself lucky

we need to know what they did what was used every detail to know wether your better off starting over or not or how to go abgout recovering

MamaKittyLove said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the crochet hook was a huge mistake that does exrtreme damage and the extreme tightness will make them take 6 mo ths longer to dread properly just never ever crochet them again and they will recover

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

by the way the tips are better off loose not blunted blunt tips hold in water so they take way k]=longer to dry

--
Kirsten lb
@kirsten-lb
12 years ago
3 posts

yea, i didn't think he was going to use the crochet hooks throughout the whole dread and when I looked at them later I was pretty sad about how immovable they are. plus i didn't want super blunted tip or really loose ones, but he made the tips really stubby. but am I alright with these dreads? they're damaged but doable?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form