Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocking with a perm

Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts
Can you do this? and im not talking about a perm which only straighten the hair out very little
updated by @brick-layer: 01/13/15 08:52:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres the dreaded dread perm but its the worse thing u can ever dowhy would u want to dread with a permor do u already have a perm and hope it will dreadall hair will dread but the permed parts will juast always be different..off...u never want to do a dread prrm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts

It can be done, and for exhibit 'A' I have a timeline of one up to 13 months:

http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforum/30/5778

However, if I'm not mistaken the guy in question (who's timeline I just posted) had a fair amount of problems with breakage, and it took a good 9 months or so to see any real progress (my personal opinion). After having had a perm before, I can see the benefit to a light perm (or at least what the benefit should be) but I think the risk is just too much. A few minutes too long and half of your hair ( if not more, I'm speaking from personal experience) could all just break off and fall out. My last perm left me looking like a poorly groomed poodle, and if you were to touch my hair, you would see that the 'volume' was just from the massive curls... in reality over half of my hair was so badly fried that it broke off. It felt like I was wearing a really bad wig on top of a buzz cut (if that makes any sense). Instead, if you're looking for a good bit of framework early on, I'd recommend twist and rip.... then again, I'm moderately biased.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form